User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry TrackBall Support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackberry TrackBall Support

I can't seem to access the blackberry trackball on the Blackberry Curve.

I tried accessing it by using mousex and mousey since it's analog, but to no avail.

So is it possible?

Also the trackball is clickable, but I wasn't able to detect that either.

This is a very important method of input to support since it is the main method of navigating the phone.

Thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Blackberry TrackBall Support

An object needs to be created to access the trackball and the rest of the blackberry input options (keyboard and function buttons)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I do that?

I've looked at all the objects, but I couldn't find support for those.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Jeff meant that it needs to be programmed first by CT or extension developers.

If only there would be more resources to do this. Trackball, keyboards, accelorometer... The lack of these features has often been justified with the fact that there are hundreds of phone models in the market and it's impossible to support them. In my opinion, it would make a lot of sense to focus on a handful of key devices from leading manufacturers. But then again, J2ME runtime is still in beta and I don't know if the SDK is out yet, probably not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since the trackball is present in all the current models of the blackberry, and all the games for the blackberry support it, then I think that this feature is more than just a novelty.

It's not some obscure form of input. It's the main form of input. Otherwise the blackberry runtime is useless to me.

I'm willing to pay an extension developer to build something to support this.

As it is now I have to detect input from the keyboard of the blackberry, and it's a pain to play.
    I need support for this input before I can distribute the game.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that you should distribute a game based on a beta runtime anyway. Don't worry, it'll be sorted eventually.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It works, so why not?

I've tested it on the blackberry curve, and everything works except that.
    HWA is beta and people have no problem distributing applications made with that.

Thanks for your input anyways Dynasoft. I just hope it's sorted sometime this year is all.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am also stuck on 2 projects where I am unable to configure Black Berry input.

I've requested this before here:
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22758&Number=1646 91#Post164691

As is the case of Urbanmonk, my apps run fine, it's just the input thats is all messed up. We really need access to the entire keyboard on the large Black Berries, and the trackball.

Right now when I test an app on the device, the input keys are scattered illogical all over the keyboard, not even just defaulting to using the numkeys. As it is now the Black Berry runtime is pretty useless simply because of input issues.

I know Francois is caught up in Flash/Iphone? development right now, but it's my hope that he will come back and revisit the Java runtimes once done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burfelt I've got similar problem with my Mobile Phone because in Nokia E63 I've got full QWERTY keyboard and not only classic 9 buttons.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will! There is some work to be done for Blackberry, I know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast