User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry TrackBall Support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Blackberry TrackBall Support

Can someone at least add support for the blackberry trackball?

That is all I ask.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Francois has told me and I believe posted on the forums.

-- Once he gets a chance he will look into producing an object for better input control for the blackberry.
    This would include the trackball, buttons and the keyboard.

There should also be a mobile SDK at some point and others could begin to build objects for various phones.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I buy 10 more copies of mmf2 dev could you have it done by next week?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, the only input actually working for Blackberry is the numeric key pad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried accessing that but it didn't work on my blackberry curve. However the directional keys overlapped the numeric keys, but also used the uhjk keys.

I don't really get it, but oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UrbanMonk - are you saying you couldn't get any input keys to work properly on a Blackberry?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, to an extent.

Download the blackberry simulator from here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

Then compile a small test app that checks the inputs.

You'll find that the U,H,J,and K keys corresponds to the arrow keys, "Enter" corresponds to the space key, and the numeric keys don't seems to correspond to anything.

That's why we need a trackball extension and a method of accessing the entire keyboard. As well as a way to "input" data, such as a text field.

The GET object would be nice too.

But we'll have to wait on the Mobile SDK before any of this happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, weird as it may seem. If we can't have the entire keyboard working yet, I would rather the arrow keys be mapped to WSAD. By the same logic, "Space Bar = Enter" is more button mash friendly than enter is. But... "K = Enter" would afford a better grip.

MMF's default input seems to have been mapped for one handed game play.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GameDreamsX
    UrbanMonk - are you saying you couldn't get any input keys to work properly on a Blackberry?
    Yes, the input on Black Berry doesn't work as expected right now. Hopefully there will be a fix soon along with an object for trackball+ full keyboard support.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I'd like to highlight the need of keyboard support for phones from other more important manufacturers whose products have way larger install base than Blackberry's. I mean Blackberry is important too, it has a good share of smartphone market in the US, but is rather small elsewhere. Symbian S60 is still by far the most used smartphone OS in the world (Nokia, Samsung) and that should be a higher priority, to make sure that keyboards and motion control methods are supported through extensions in J2ME runtime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast