No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Few Extension in MMF 3

Hi

Titel: Online (highscore) Object

I would like to ask you if it is possible to create a new extension based on three extensions mixed in one extensions.

You need Get, String (string parser) , Url Objects today

If you can take all action from all objects and put them in the same extensions will be a great, new, fresh and yet powerful. Now the name of the extension is wrong, because it also do other things than only a highscore. I agree, middle name of that could be online system. The object is allowed to get and receive data.

another way round is to create it more simple by having few actions , like send and receive.

Some I ideas I had in mind!

I think it would be nice if you develop makers could create extension like above, let me give you an example:

Online Object (send and recieve data) today 3 objects

-----

Final score: Less data (you can do it smaller
    Less Objects - wow
    More power
    Easy to handle
    more to come...

-------
    Bad score: Three extensions makers names in same extension!

It all sounds very easy but we have to ask them?
    Do somebody knows them and is it possible?

Extension: View of point
    It would be nice if CT took this up. The same goes to the graphics object, many of them could be together in same file.it waste of objects. When I had MMF 1.0, my biggest problem of all in MMF is all the extensions you have to download , I have spended hours on finding them. Those hours I wanted back , laugh.

Plz, collect your extension in MMF 3, think about it, but what do you say about it, What,s the bad about mixing those extensions in one file?

Dont hate me
    sorry bad english
    thanks

[img:center]http://markrenejensen.dk/test.jpg[/img]
    --------------------------------
    I can not code in C or C+

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Few Extension in MMF 3

hey!, don't make it TOO easy... we programmers need people to think were smart right :P

True 21'st century optimization

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know when you load the Adobe Photoshop program or someting simular, many people have their names in the splash screen. They are many!

You Delevop makers could do a mix, let me show you how, I gave you this:

Example: Andos extensions

Im not sure if this can be done in real life, but it gives you an idea.

These 3 extensions could be in one extension file.

Parallaxer Object,
    Perspective Object,
    Perspective Object

----
    It all do something with active (images)

This show how one develop maker can do, now we talking international.

A Develop maker profit will be better than ever if they consider
    the step of the future of mixed extensions.

Thanks for reading

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually disagree with this. It is better on CPU usage to have smaller extensions. It is unlikely that you will need all of the features every time you use it, so having less bulk and more useful features that are being put to use is better.

It's String Parser vs Tokeniser, if you don't need the features, Tokeniser runs far better.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a tradeoff. If you're going to use the functionality of multiple extensions, you'll gain by reducing the per-unit overhead of separate extensions. In terms of executable size, it's fairly significant as more of us compile our projects with the statically-linked MSVC++2008 runtimes.

On the other hand, if you're only using the functionality of one extension, it's a waste to include all the overhead from the others. I'd say this is really the common case, and even in extensions like XLua and OpenGL, which are justifiably large and monolithic, they're going through a process of modularization. To a large extent it's easier for developers to work on individual components, and there's less interface bloat for end-users to deal with actually using extensions.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks for your reply.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actuelly you can do a mix of extension, but it depends on MMF can find the correct link to the extension of the right develop maker.

when you insert a object it should update the link to the extension.

IN Insert Object area: we have today all extension, by adding a possible to change the settings to advanced mixed objects.

All will change into groups:

Online Highscore
    -Get Object
    -String Parser
    -Url
    AI Platform
    Server
    Open GL

Every game, application, screensaver there need more than one extension will be visible, also be able to make your own settings.

Cant't you make a link to the extension from the icon in mmf. (there allready are one link!) yes to the website, not the extension link as you needed. why?

Also I wanted to be in MMF and find my extension from there by clicking on "update" it download and place it right.

You can make 2 links in your extension,

1. Website
    2. Extension

I my server has moved, problem. wait...
    when you created a extension , make a txt file with the link to the extension. Create a map called "Links" in Extensions, put them there, and the extension read the link from the map.
    Here we can get a single link to the new updated version on the forum.

Everybody makes new waves and move around.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing which would be good is if more developers used installers for packs but also offered single zips still. This way users could always find the latest set of extensions with the installer/zips and if they wanted only a single extension they could get that with the zip.

Another good thing for organized extensions would be a click wiki. I posted a quick example of why it would be great recently here -

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=177632#Post1776 32

Clickteam seems to not add things untill they are requested a lot by users like the Lua forum which took a while to happen but now it's here it is great. Even though some of the other requests a long with the Lua forum like HWA Effects coding and OpenGL sub forums are great ideas they were not added. So im hoping people bump that thread and clickteam adds a wiki as it would be great for the community.

Wikis are also much easier to update than the forum so things like the Lua links thread for example would be simple to update -

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=159067

I think there would be much more organized listings for threads like that and extensions if users could edit first posts/all posts. They are editable for a short time but then you can't update/edit them later which is why i think that it can sometimes be hard to find older posts/links on the forum. So being able to update posts if you started the topic on the forum would also be very useful.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Adam about being able to edit posts you start. It would also cut down on postings for extensions, updates for websites and games.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm