Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: games for iphone ?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: games for iphone ?

I have an iphone and would love to test the iphone exporter... but I dont have a mac
    How good of a mac do you need? Maybe I can pick up a cheap second hand one

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You dont need a high spec machine to run Xcode, look at the apple site for more info.

But I wouldnt recommend rushing out to get a mac in advance of testing, as with anything in programming, it may take longer than expected (or less who knows

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Francois
    Fano, I know what I say. TO create a iPhone application, you NEED a Mac, as the mac applications are protected, you must use XCode to finalise your project. MMF will generate a XCode project that you have to compile on the Mac. THis is how other PC based products work.
    This and Apple's license fees makes me wish Francois had started on an XNA or Android exporter first. These platforms are free and most of us can use them without any additional hardware. Also, there are currently very powerful free tools for making i-Phone games, although none 2D or event driven. I suppose if I had a Mac and an i-Phone I would be delighted, but I probably wouldn't be heavy into MMF either. As of right now, buying or borrowing Apple hardware would be expensive and/or inconvenient.

Having said that, I would love to be able to press a button and export an i-phone game. That is hot technology. I just wish Apple was indie developer friendly in general. -XNA is where I think MMF can really shine. Especially if MooClick is ported over.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GameDreamsX
    i-Phone
    Especially if MooClick is ported over.
    :crazy:

No matter what you say it won't change what Clickteam thinks they should do.

This topic has been talked to death.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This and Apple's license fees makes me wish Francois had started on an XNA or Android exporter first. These platforms are free and most of us can use them without any additional hardware. Also, there are currently very powerful free tools for making i-Phone games, although none 2D or event driven. I suppose if I had a Mac and an i-Phone I would be delighted, but I probably wouldn't be heavy into MMF either. As of right now, buying or borrowing Apple hardware would be expensive and/or inconvenient.

Having said that, I would love to be able to press a button and export an i-phone game. That is hot technology. I just wish Apple was indie developer friendly in general. -XNA is where I think MMF can really shine. Especially if MooClick is ported over.
    Maybe Clickteam is heading to gain more professional users, who doesn't mind investing in hardware or pay for extra runtimes?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are all extremely interesting runtimes and it's great to hear that CT are working on the iPhone exporter and considering the other two as well. It's a shame, though, that there was some sort of a bug in the Android SDK that made things far more difficult (I recall some interview on this last summer) - maybe without that bug we would already have the Android exporter in MMF2, who knows? Another shame is that we can't clone Francois. :P

In my opinion, it's not a problem that you'll have to invest some money to buy a Mac in order to create apps for the iPhone. I mean, the target user group for this will already "save" (development time = money) so much when using MMF2 to create their apps, that additional few hundreds of bucks is practically nothing. I'm talking about "professional indie developers" and those who are planning to become one. Then the other segment of users are those who basically would like to make some apps mainly just for their own iPhone or their friends' without really any other goals. It's clear that from a marketing point of view, Clickteam shouldn't try to target this second user group with the iPhone exporter. This will naturally cause some contradiction, because we have a lot of users from both groups here on the forum, expressing their own views.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember before years ago i start with kilk than move to mmf 1.0 1.2 1.5 now i have mmf2d , i think that mmf2s is the best and easy program to write games and more .
    and it will make it very special then others programs if we can write for iphone (like now for flash...)- mmf2d will be more powerful,and i will be the first one to buy :-)...

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iphone is much more popular than android I am sure, I have never come across an Android phone in my life, but know many with an iphone/ipod.

I agree XNA will be good eventually too

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruto_Memo

Maybe Clickteam is heading to gain more professional users, who doesn't mind investing in hardware or pay for extra runtimes?
    Although Apple is stronger than ever, this is the same old dilemma Apple hands developers every generation. Working with a company that constantly updates and ejects hardware, mostly in the name of "style" fueled by greed. Can I afford to adopt a $1700 i-phone production pipeline? Yes. Will it be outdated in 1.5-years? Yes. I would also have to give AT&T $90 a month for two years. In all nearly $4,000 just to get my feet wet. Even if I was willing to spend that, I would need to know the exporter was extremely dependable first.

While on the other hand, and this was my main point: I don't see sales for a MMF i-phone exporter supporting ClickTeam the way XNA could. There is a swarming mass of itchy young developers who would kill for an XNA exporter whom:

1) Already own the necessary hardware
    2) Are much more likely to buy MMF than Mac users

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will it be outdated in 1.5-years? Yes.
    It could be. But 5 years is a lot of time for updates and/or new features in the core of MMF2 itself. And this doesn't mean a runtime will have to be rebuilt from scratch. There would be some work needed to update, whatever...

I would also have to give AT&T $90 a month for two years.
    I assume this depends how you buy your iphone. You can always buy an used one.
    In all nearly $4,000 just to get my feet wet. Even if I was willing to spend that, I would need to know the exporter was extremely dependable first.
    every exporter is extremely dependable on good games or products in order to make money. The only difference is that the for Mac, the bar is high.. which isn't that much of a problem if you consider the amount of people not only willing to buy mac and iphone, but some expensive software to produce games for iphone.. if you don't trust me, just see how much crowded the app store is.
    I don't see sales for a MMF i-phone exporter supporting ClickTeam the way XNA could.
    The iphone runtime will be used as base for the Mac runtime... so it's a combo. Plus, Mac users usually have money and are more likely to buy MMF2 developer, rather than "swarming mass of itchy young developer" who will always complain about prices of everything.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast