User Tag List

Thread: Zoom in/out like you can in flash? + Bullet time?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zoom in/out like you can in flash? + Bullet time?

Is it possible to use HWA to zoom in and out of runtime like you can in a flash game? Or is this the best way to do it currently? http://www.mediafire.com/file/nj5zutimljo/testzoom.mfa

Also is the best way to slow down time in this example?
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/izzmnz...ullet time.mfa

Or has HWA made all of these ways obsolete?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Zoom in/out like you can in flash? + Bullet time?

The best way to "zoom" the frame is to set MMF2 to draw a large rendered area, and then apply a framewide "resize" pixel shader. Elsewise, you'd have to use a viewport to do it. Either way, it should be incredibly slow- graphics cards aren't optimized to work on extremely large textures, and many won't even work above 512x512 sometimes. Going above 2048x2048 is high unrecommended.

"Slowing down time" can either by done by lowering the framerate, or keeping your framerate constant and lowering the velocities by which all events are executing within your application. Theres is nothing very complicated about either way.

edit: haha, I made that zoom example >.<

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres a modified example:

http://sites.google.com/site/claniraq/stuff/testzoom.mfa?attredirects=0&d=1

You'll need the Complex Shader Pack of Effects installed in your Effects folder to load that, find them here: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=71441#Post71441

Note: This will run fairly fast WHEN resized, but will *resize* just as slowly, because changing the rendered size at runtime is very process intensive. In order to optimize the speed your program runs, you should BOTH use a simple on/off switch for screen size, as well as using only powers of 2 for your frame size- 1024x1024, 2048x2048, 512x512, 256x256. It will work best only at small sizes most likely- I got slowdown at full height in that example

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I lower the framerate won't that at the same time lower the amount of time you have to control the character? Like at 1fps a second it becomes harder to control a character because the loop only plays once a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelthief
    The best way to "zoom" the frame is to set MMF2 to draw a large rendered area, and then apply a framewide "resize" pixel shader. Elsewise, you'd have to use a viewport to do it. Either way, it should be incredibly slow- graphics cards aren't optimized to work on extremely large textures, and many won't even work above 512x512 sometimes. Going above 2048x2048 is high unrecommended.

"Slowing down time" can either by done by lowering the framerate, or keeping your framerate constant and lowering the velocities by which all events are executing within your application. Theres is nothing very complicated about either way.

edit: haha, I made that zoom example >.<
    Can I have an example of what you means by that? I'm a huge novice at the shaders

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are correct- that is why the best method is to lower the 'velocity' of all events. In an 'event threaded' program, you simply lower the clock ticks. That is very complicated here.

You'd want to make it so your game is designed with every single aspect build to be cut to half speed- all objects travel at half speed, all animations display at half speed, all timed events occur at half speed, etc.

The example is right above

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh I see it, lol my bad.

And lets say what if I used PMO for my main character and custom for enemies would I still be able to make a bullet time effect or does it all have to be custom?