Thread: Moo Extensions?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Moo Extensions?

Hi!

So far I understand that from your point of view everyone has to learn Python to code a server for apps with lacewing extension and all Moo server should be redeveloped with Phyton. Both would mean costs.

In Forum I see that Lacewing seem to be in bug fixing state and not tested with client server based mass user apps.

Beside this I have not found pros for lacewing in comparison to Moo.

May I ask you to write some short statements.

Regards, Herbert

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could download the object and try it out.

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to be proving my free extension worthy of your attention. I'd rather be working on it :P

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really is worth it to convert to Lacewing, as the old moo extensions are several years old, and the person that made them has dropped off the face of the internet. and since there are still a few fatal (and I mean really fatal, program killing) bugs still there, and there is no support for them, I would strongly recommend using Lacewing.
    also, you only need to know python to code a custom server; a free .exe server comes with the extensions that should cover everything you need. there is also klikfarm, a free public server that is on 24/7, a link should be on the right ->

another reason would be that in my opinion, lacewing is a lot easier to use.
    [/rant]

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Lacewing require MMF2 or will it work with TGF2?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You cannot add new objects to TGF2. You have to have MMF2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

My moo servers apps are doing complex data management with a lot of clients and with databases, licencing management and general decision making in apps and games. In my moo server applications are still a lot of mmf extensions and long lists with complex events (>100). To redevelope all extensions and mmf internal functionality in python should not be the big deal.

To avoid fatal programming killing bugs, to modify extensions and to give support to mmf users it would be a great idea to have extension source codes available for all developers specially for those who have mmf developer version.

Beside this it would be great to have a list regarding fatal error extensions in the forum and a list regarding proofed extensions (quality seal). And only quality sealed extensions should be distributed by official mmf Bonus Packs, not falat error extensions.

Developers with mmf developer version do not like to work with extensions for big projects (eg. >1200 hours) and later they find out that there are fatal bugs in extensions, no source code, no support, person dropped off the face of the internet,...

Only some ideas to keep mmf as a good tool to develope well done apps and games and not to fall with fatal bugs.

Regards, Herbert

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're trying to tell me you have a lot of clients using something you developed with an unsupported extension?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And aside from that, it's completely possible (although certainly not recommended) to do this in Lacewing without a custom server. You could have your MMF behaviour as a "special" client, perhaps even adding serverside auth for this client (3 lines of Python?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're trying to tell me clickteam is not supporting parts of clickteam products?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The "Moo" extensions where developed by people outside of Clickteam and when they decided to not update it or distribute it we asked if we could continue to distribute it and they said yes but it is "as-is" we will have a company supported option in Fusion 3

If you need the source code to fix some errors -- talk to us and we will see what we can do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast