User Tag List

Thread: Vitalize Issue with site

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitalize Issue with site

Alright, I was just trying to get a hang of vitalize before I begin to get technical. I am going to try to make an MMO by reading and writing to and from .ini files within my web server.

But though this is beside the point, I decided to make an extremely simple game just to test if Vitalize works. I clicked 'Save As' and set the name as the .ccn file. I then uploaded to the correct folder for my website, and embedded the code into this page : http://zionoxis.com/Gametest.html

Now, I cannot run the game at all with Firefox, and have not tried with IE. If this runs, then great, but I really would like to have this work. All that happens is I get a constant message, "A newer version of vitalize has come out...etc." And once I click out of it (or update but it was the same version) I just get the plugin box with the Vitalize logo.

What have I done wrong? I am slightly irritated that I am having issues this early in the game as messing with SQL, ini files into my site, and hosting a mid level MMO are far more advanced.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Vitalize Issue with site

Vitalize won't be able to directly create ini files on your site anyways.

You could do it with php, but flat file databases are generally too slow when dealing with lots of data.

mySql would be better suited for this.

Not to mention having the ini's open to the Internet would be a security risk, but like I said you'll have to use php to write to them anyways so you could put them in a protected folder on your webserver.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so basically, I should use my SQL server? I am just starting to poke my head into web game hosting, so this is a little new. My goal is for a user to load, write around 20-30 different values from various locations in .ini files. How fast can it read, write and impliment it into the game?

Say I wanted to transfer Player2's input to Player1. So if I wanted a value in my .ini to be 'direction' and I set direction to left, how fast would player one see Player2 move left?

As far as .php goes, I can look into having php write it. But the php script is going to have to be edited slightly by MMF2 for a few reasons. I don't want to have to write a specific php script for every new user, so MMF2 will have to send at LEAST the username of the player to php so it can write a folder with that player's name, create the correct ini files (for the game, and read and write from them while playing.)

It is just going to start simple and I will get much more complex. I would like to go as far as a messaging system, level, defense, offense, SKILLS (huge .ini file) :P

But for now, location detection, movement, and keypad input being sent would be a huge step in the right direction.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're saving/loading data as a way of communicating, it will be VERY SLOW.

You need to have a proper game server for doing a multiplayer game. Investigate "Lacewing".

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm...kk

Tyvm. Like I said, I am extremely new so I will try to get this mastered. Then Clickteam can say they can make MMO's.

Too bad linking Paypal is impossible...grrrr

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ausomeman
    Too bad linking Paypal is impossible...grrrr
    Ever heard of the Get object? Or the ability to make custom extensions? It certianly should be possible.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3