User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Custom Screen Transition (Multi) Widget

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Screen Transition (Multi) Widget

This example file includes a method of creating simple screen transitions in you application, and can be called by simply toggling a Flag and setting a name. The benefit over MMF2s transitions is that this can be played while your application still runs, and can be called any time.

It has 3 transition Types: Ellipse, Rectangle, and Image. Also include a Fade effect that can be applied to all 3 types. The first two use the Overlays default shape drawing features. The 3rd (Image) uses a powerful method of loading external images which can be be color-customized, or made transparent.

This Widget is a Multi Widget. It uses 4 objects: 2 Overlays, 1 active, 1 INI. But there is a frame in the MFA that can do the basic transitions with just 1 Overlay. It depends on how you want to use it.

Includes an HTML documentation on how to use, a Transition Effects Studio EXE to create transitions easily, and well commented code.

Many examples are included in file. Just Read the HTML, then run the EXE to get a feel. There is more commented code in the MFA which explains the meat of how to apply it to your games. Its mostly just drag 'n' drop.

Just give credit if used. I also wouldn't mind knowing how you used it too.
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Custom Screen Transition (Multi) Widget

This is really cool! You've obviously put a lot of effort into this!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks JimJam

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. The idea for the execution of it just came to me one day. I needed something like this for my game, but didn't like leaving it "unfinished." So I made it complete for everyone to use!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I've always wondered about MMF2 is why do you need to select a module in the transistion setup box?
    The only option is "Standard transitions"...

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the help file:

+Module
    Transitions come as external files, called modules. A module contains several transitions. Select the module with this combo box.
    +Transition
    Once the module is selected, you have access to the transitions with this combo box. Each transition is different from the other, so you just have to make your choice here.
    From what I understand, the transitions are not built into the program itself, but loaded from a file. I think users were supposed to be able to make their own transitions files and load them into MMF2's editor; thus why it asks which file to look for transitions in. But I've never seen anyone post custom transitions, nor do I know how to edit them... or if its even possible.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose someone should write a tutorial on making transistions, but I doubt it'll happen with MMF3 being so close.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does any body even know how to make transitions? I checked the folder and its saved as DLL file.

The only thing I don't like about MMF2's transition system is that its frame specific. It only works when starting/ending a frame, so you can't transition to different parts of a frame. Due to its Frame-based limitations, you also can't specify what type of transition it is.

For instance, in a game you might change frames by "Warping," "Losing," or "Winning"; all of which might want to use different transitions.

Or like in Zelda games: where transitioning between areas during day or night changed the color of the fade effect.

These are the reasons that inspired me to make my own transition widget.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The transition SDK hasn't been released yet, that's why.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok. That makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast