Thread: LuaGL Bug Topic

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: LuaGL Bug Topic

http://hocuspocus.taloncrossing.com/rii/xluagl-dev.zip

Give that a try. CopyTexImage, CopyTexSubImage, TexImage, and TexSubImage have been eliminated, and replaced with:

CopyTexImage1D
    CopyTexImage2D
    CopyTexSubImage1D
    CopyTexSubImage2D
    CopyTexSubImage3D
    TexImage1D
    TexImage2D
    TexImage3D
    TexSubImage1D
    TexSubImage2D
    TexSubImage3D

The argument lists for all those functions now precisely match the arguments from the OpenGL SDK, in the same order.

Additionally, the arguments for gl.DrawPixels have also been changed to reflect the OpenGL SDK (and now supports the new table / static array pixel sources like the above texture functions).

Over time, more functions will be updated to support new capabilities and reflect the OpenGL SDK. As this happens, existing code will be broken, and that's why this will be released in the -dev zip for the time being.

Documentation has not been updated. Defer to the OpenGL SDK for updated functions unless otherwise specified.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wooo, thanks for this retreiver. Appricate the work you putting into this. Been checking this forum for a while for these... big smile for me!

Ill give them a whirl now! Do these automatically allocate memmory for new textures? Or do these commands modify pre loaded textures in the texture bank? Or do these add texture do the texture bank?

Thanks
    Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is independent of Texture bank. I don't know the details of the texture bank implementation so I can't comment on it. Once textures from texture bank get loaded into video memory, you should be able to modify them e.g. with texsubimage, but if for any reason texture bank reloaded a texture it would overwrite that.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving it so far! Good to have that functionality working. And I like how the parameters are true to the OpenGL spec, less confusion. And any steps to eliminate Lua tables is great. The fixed array is so much faster/memory efficient. Will be great when VBO's are able to take the fixed arrays. Great work so far Retriever!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zellix
    Loving it so far! Good to have that functionality working. And I like how the parameters are true to the OpenGL spec, less confusion. And any steps to eliminate Lua tables is great. The fixed array is so much faster/memory efficient. Will be great when VBO's are able to take the fixed arrays. Great work so far Retriever!
    well i can't say completely eliminating tables from these types of functions is the best idea, since they can be more convenient to handle the data in some cases

but yes, in the general cases of where both the memory and "packing/unpacking" overhead of a table isn't really wanted, it's good to be using a datatype that opengl can use pretty much effortlessly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony is most of the implementation effort went into enhancing the table support as well.

In fact once the next update is posted, if you want to still use tables for passing VBO data, you'll have to pass a hidden 5th type parameter to let it know what kind of data the table holds. Current LuaGL just assumes float data. Static arrays carry an implicit type with them, so all that headache is avoided.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is offtopic i guess but -

I have the old OpenGL extension and i can see it fine in the list and open the XLua example. When i run the frame/app though for Xlua's OpenGL example it tells me i don't have the mfx but i have it though.

Is there any chance of updating that example to use the newer base object instead? as far as i know the older object won't be updated now also so it would be useful. Thanks

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neat to know you will still be able to use the Lua Tables though. I can see where they would be nice for some commands, but for VBO's and such, the fixed array seems like a no-brainer. Options are always nice. Definitely looking forward to it.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this might be unrelated to luaGL but im a little confused as how to use CopyTexImage2D.

I tried binding a new texture first then using CopyTexImage2D, but that only resulted in a blank texture. Then I tried binding it after instead and it still didn't work.
    Then I tried binding both prior and after and still blank.

I'm rendering the texture after everything else so I have no idea why it won't work D:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I've never used the feature and I don't know how it works. Maybe you're not using it correctly. Or maybe some other part of LuaGL is failing.

Can you find any example references of using CopyTexImage2D for plain old C/C++ OpenGL SDK?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast