User Tag List

Thread: Easy 3D project

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy 3D project

Ok here goes my idea for easy 3D, this could work for backgrounds or full 1st person games, without much problem, I present it in 2 different ways, easy and hard, I am presenting this idea because I can't really do it myself, because I don't know how to distort images, I would ask for someone to build this in a way that other people could copy 'n paste into their games, without much edition problem.

Obs: I am posting it in the second message, its long so it may take some time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Easy 3D project

1.1: Cubes and rectangles.

1.Create 4 different columns, they must be be Width zero and Height as much as you want, I will call then "base colunm"

---

2.Insert Parallaxer object, resize it to fit full vertical and mid horizontal.

---

3: Create 4 more columns, I will call then "shadow columns" they will be used to set the size of the column, this is important if you want to do make the object go up somehow.

---

4: set each "shadow column" to its respective "base colunm"

---

5: Set all "shadown colunm" to invisible

---

6:.Set: (size of the "base column" = scroll coeficient of "shadown colunm" Y of parallax), you can multiple it, if you think the scroll is too small.

by doing this he will resize automatically depending on the Y of shadow colunm (not the one you see), this way you can easily float or jump it.

---

7: Create 8 dots.

Set dots position to colunms, 4 on top of each and 4 on botton of each.

---

8: Thinking on a "cube", we now will add certain values for these 8 dots, depending where they are positioned.

front= A values: 1,2,3,4
    right= B values: 1,2,3,4
    back = C values: 1,2,3,4
    left = D values: 1,2,3,4
    bottom = F values: 1,2,3,4
    top: = E values: 1,2,3,4

Note that each dot will have 2 values at least, this is right.

---

9: creat an active, set a image to it, it will be used to sprite the walls.
    Clone it 4 times

---

10: Set a value for each "wall image", it will be used to set the distortion points,

wall image 1= Alterable value A:1
    wall image 1= Alterable value B:1
    wall image 1= Alterable value C:1
    wall image 1= Alterable value D:1
    wall image 1= Alterable value E:1

---

11: using image distortion, we will set the distortion points of our "wall images".

Wall image= Alterable value A>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value A>0

Wall image= Alterable value A>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value B>0

Wall image= Alterable value A>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value C>0

Wall image= Alterable value A>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value D>0

Wall image= Alterable value A>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value E>0

---

12: position the colunms any way you want, with the cube in your mind, the image should resize automaticaly.

---

13: This is kind of optional, but you can:

Atach colunm to alterable parallaxer

This way we could have a nicer 3D background effect in 2D games, but I think it would mess up in a FPS.

---

14:Camera moving would go like this, I think it would be easyer to make the stage move, not the character.

By pressing UP, add 1 to "Shadown columm" Y, By pressing DOWN, subtract 1 to "Shadown columm" Y.

When jumping or moving camera up down, modify "Base Colunm" Y, it wouldnt resize and would go up and down, without problems.

---

15: Benefits are, its MUCH easyer than any 3D array, you can create your map horizontaly, you can have easy camera moving.
    ---

This is it, I need to go now, tell me what you think and I will post my other ideas

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMF2 is not meant for 3d. No one is going to do this for you. This would not work at all for any game. There is an OpenGL extension for 3d. Do not try and make an FPS, you will fail.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also the Raycasting extension for FPS.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have made plenty of 3D games in MMF before the OpenGL object was on the scene, i think it's a really great way to ease your mind from thinking in 2D to thinking in 3D.

The mathematics to position your 'Pillars' could be derived from this example

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22670&Number=1638 45

P.S. I'm far too busy to makea a full fledged engine; but if you have any specifc queries, Please send me a message ( i L-ooo-ve working on psudo 3D )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrections:

---

9: creat an active, set a image to it, it will be used to sprite the walls.
    Clone it 5 times

---

10: Set a value for each "wall image", it will be used to set the distortion points,

wall image 1= Alterable value A:1
    wall image 2= Alterable value B:1
    wall image 3= Alterable value C:1
    wall image 4= Alterable value D:1
    wall image 5= Alterable value E:1
    wall image 6= Alterable value F:1

---

11: using image distortion, we will set the distortion points of our "wall images".

Wall image 1= Alterable value A>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value A>0

Wall image 2= Alterable value B>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value B>0

Wall image 3= Alterable value C>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value C>0

Wall image 4= Alterable value D>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value D>0

Wall image 5= Alterable value E>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value E>0

Wall image 6= Alterable value F>0: set distortion points to dots with alterable value F>0

---

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SEELE
    I have made plenty of 3D games in MMF before the OpenGL object was on the scene, i think it's a really great way to ease your mind from thinking in 2D to thinking in 3D.

The mathematics to position your 'Pillars' could be derived from this example

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=22670&Number=1638 45

P.S. I'm far too busy to makea a full fledged engine; but if you have any specifc queries, Please send me a message ( i L-ooo-ve working on psudo 3D )
    Dude thanks a lot, I am going to school now, but I will look into that later today, and I will surely send you some questions, thanks!