Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: counter not following frame

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

counter not following frame

I have a counter, and I click "follow frame" and it's not following frame. I move, and it doesn't move with the frame.

When I have "follow frame" unchecked, the counter doesn't even appear (in the frame at least).

I'm afraid that's as detailed as I can get with this issue. What could be causing this?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: counter not following frame

I've had the same problem except it wasn't just the counter. Half of the items on the screen switched, follow frame=don't follow frame. They keep switching back and forth from wether the check means don't follow or follow. I've tried for so long to figure it out, but I never found out why it did that. If you ask me this programs a piece of junk. I can't get anything on it to work!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acually MMF is an outstanding program. Take the time to learn it. When something does not work as you think it should keep trying.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been trying. FOR MONTHS and I haven't given up. I use it alot and it's a good program but everytime I make a game something glitchy I didn't put in the conditions shows up and won't go away. When I put a scrolling condition centered around the character it works for five minutes, I add some objects, then it doesn't scroll. I delete the scrolling and make a new scrolling condition like the old one then the "bad guy" starts following the screen. even when "follow frame" in its menu isnt checked!!!! And its not just that, mmf2 keeps doing whatever the heck it wants and I'm sick of it! I paid $200 for it you think it would work!!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Follow Frame" means that when the frame scrolls, the object will follow it. So if, for example, the frame were to be scrolling to the left, the object will "Follow Frame" checked would follow by scrolling to the left.

To use it unchecked, you have to make sure that the object you want to stay still is within the window area. Find the dotted line in your frame that outlines the size of your window. Place your counter or other object within that box. It will not be affected by scrolling and will stay put on the screen.

A general note about Counters and Strings: The "Display as Background" option usually will only cause trouble, and is best unchecked. I don't know why checked is the default, but if your Counter or String is flickering or displaying oddly it's probably because of that option.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine
    If you ask me this programs a piece of junk.
    This program is about the least junk-like program that exists. Ask any forum member.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine
    I have been trying. FOR MONTHS and I haven't given up.
    Perhaps take some tutorials?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I did. :mad: I know how frames work and I have done most of the tutorials!!!!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow the frame does exactly what it says. You are mis understanding. When the game scrolls, say, the bottom right, the frame is 'moving' in the direction up left. Follow the frame makes object follow the frame when the game scrolls, causing them to also go up left with the frame. This means that if they are static objects, thier X and Y postions will not change.

If follow the frame is not checked, then they will saty on the same visible place on screen when the game scrolls. This means that the scrolling will be changing thier X and Y position. It's useful for healthbars to stay on screen and such.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I did understand that. I wanted it to follow the path movement I made but it followed the screen instead. It stayed on the path movement but the path followed the screen. (and "follow screen" was unchecked)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no follow screen option. If you mean follow the frame, then that was how it was meant to behave. Since you didn't want it to stay in place in relative to non-moving objects, then it will scroll when the game scrolls. If you want it to be independant of the frame scrolling, then you need to have Follow the Frame checked.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I meant follow frame, I have to get off in a few minutes so I was rushing. Ok.... I think I get the follow frame thing now, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast