User Tag List

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Surface Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ehm, it should be possible. In fact I cover that in the examples - if you don't have them already, download them here: http://clickteam.info/looki/Examples/SurfaceObject.zip (the link is in the readme in the MMF Examples folder)

Then open Transparency/Alpha Channels.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Looki, just wondered if you managed to look at the hot spot issue?

Also i still cant find a way to blit from one surface to the alpha channel. Ive looked over the examples but i think maybe i didnt explain it clearly.

I have one surface loaded with a png image which is transparent apart from a circle in the center. I then have another surface that has a png loaded with some parts transparent. I want to blit the circle onto the suface making "transparent" circles, so working like an eraser for example. Making transparent holes in the surface? I can do it by not bliting and using the Alpha channel -> Draw rectangle. But i want the rectangle to be what ever the surface image is.

Note: I have noticed this only works if the surface transparent color is default black and the blit content is also black. If i change the transparent color to white and blit white content onto it, it simply blitz white and doesnt make it transparent.

Ive included an MFA showing this. alphaissue.mfa

Hope this helps
    Andy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't look into the issue, no. Is it important? You can easily work around it by adding an offset to the destination position.

Looking at your MFA, I realize that you don't really seem to understand how transparency works in Surface. Your texture doesn't even have an alpha channel - but that's not all, you're blitting the IMAGE of the circle onto the texture. What you want is to blit the alpha channel onto the alpha channel. Unfortunately since you have two different Surface objects this is a bit laborious.

http://mfa.aquadasoft.com/view/1361888067-alphaissue

Btw, perform "*" with (0,0,0) is kinda overkill, just use the clear action with black as color

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, yes there is alot im learning about it, ill look into that way. As for the hotspot, it is stopping me from releasing my software as im also setting the blit rotation, this therfore seems to cause problems. I can offset the position, but the blit rotation seems off which i assume is down the hot spot not working.

The example you posted seem to go to "cannot connect"?

Thanks
    Andy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah, sorry... here it is http://www.sendspace.com/file/6a9edd

I didn't know you were using the rotation as well. Sorry for that... I'll try to look into it but I'm not on my own computer so I don't know how well that will work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi looki, just wondereing if you managed anything with hotspot? (dont get mad) Im sure you busy and lots of other priorities but just wondering as its all i need now

Thanks
    Andy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just realized that this isn't a bug. You basically just forgot to enable the blit hot spot - "Blit > Hot spot > Set flag to 1". I just realized that this is a dumb feature, given that the default hot spot is at 0,0 which has the same effect as no hotspot at all. Anyway, you DID make me find another bug: Setting the blit hot spot by percent doesn't work - the percent are interpreted as pixels! And since you were using that action, you found a bug without actually using the feature properly to acknowledge that it's a bug. I've fixed it now and removed the 'set hot spot flag' action - hot spots are always enabled now. I didn't want to spend the time re-compiling all versions and releasing a new official beta, so please upgrade to the contents of this zip - they should do fine for a quick fix. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80112437/Surface.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, ill try this asap sounds excellent! Thank you very much looki, very much appriciated! (and glad i found a bug without knowing i found a bug, if only it was that simple)

Thanks again looki.

Andy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Looki, ive downloaded and extracted all files over the old ones but the problem still seems to remain? I opened up the hotpotissue.mfa i posted here and it still the same? Ive tried re-applying the actions but still no hotspot change?

Do i need to be doing something else?

EDIT: Ok, so only the HWA version works, any chance you can do it for non HWA too?

Also, is it possible to blit from the "alpha channel object"?

Thanks
    Andy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haha, oops. I guess I messed up when copying the files... here you go. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80112437/Surface.zip

Sorry, it's not possible to blit from the alpha channel object cause I'd need to know what the extension looks like internally.

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast