This object has already been released.
Latest stable release = http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensio...ed/Surface.zip
Latest beta = http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensio...Surface1.5.zip (Includes Flash version), for more information go to the last pages
Hello, some of you might have heard of this object already, and I think I've reached a point at which I can say that this object is stable enough to post a public beta.
The object bears a strong resemblance to Overlay Redux, but also provides many features that make it much more powerful.
Here are some of its features:
- Multiple images in one object that can be managed at edit and runtime
- Loading/saving to other file formats than BMP, e.g. PNG
- Reading/Writing to clipboard
- Alpha channels
- Making screenshots of window handles (e.g. desktop), active objects etc.
- Fine collision for destructible terrain and such
- Drawing shapes with color and outline or "fill data" (E.g. for gradients)
- Faster alternative to fast loops (Can be twice as fast) for looping through all pixels
- General performance increase compared to Overlay
- The object is active - you can assign movements to it and put it above Actives
- Partial HWA compatibility - You can even apply effects
- Flash-compatible, as of now only a few commands are ported
- Various effects that can easily be applied
- Drawing text
The list is more or less random - I simply wrote down what I could come up with.
Here's the download:
Sorry, no examples included.
I will have to come up with some good ones very soon.
I'm looking forward to hearing your input on this.