Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flash On Android

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash On Android

I know that Flash is now available on Android 2.2 and Adobe's website said that they have added an API to support an accelerometer. Is there any plan to make this available in TGF2 and MMF2? Will Flash games made with MMF2 even work with the Android Flash?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Flash On Android

Although I'm only guessing, I would say that to some extent, yes. I of course would have to defer to those who know for sure...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wouldn't they work? The new phones (not only Android, but soon also MeeGo, Symbian...) run regular swf files, and that's what MMF2 generates. The only potential problem that I see is performance - how fast will they run?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like for me still there are 2 things - size and lack of vector graphics - which are stopping us from moving in that direction. Still the Android phones are the closest ones (1GHz CPU and 512 MB RAM) so who nows... But still Native Android Runtime was and will be on the works.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've run MMF generated SWFs on Android with great success.
    More specifically I was able to test a few things on the HTC Desire.

On the Desire, it ran really smooth. You will have to keep in mind that everything is touch based, and the display size is somewhat smaller, but yeah you can do MMF Flash games for Android. Especially the new smartphones seems to have no problem handling them.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting! What resolution is best for Android?
    And what kind of movement can you apply to the player sprite, does anything else than mouse control make sense (arrow keys etc.)?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mochimedia, has a mobile game flash site up an running. You can see it at http://m.mochigames.com/

They have yet to post requirements for games, but browsing their catalog should give you an indication.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, they like 320x320 and mouse control. Man, for years we always looked for higher resolutions and now we need to think smaller and smaller

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Android phone runs at 480x320.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to run the examples on Clickteam's home at my Android phone (Milestone/Droid with a resolution close to 800x480). Touch-based events work fine, but I couldn't make the keyboard work. The speed is indeed satisfactory...

Notice that Flash will only be supported from Android system versions 2.2 and up, and the only officially supported models on market today are the Nexus One and the Milestone/Droid...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast