User Tag List

Thread: Animated BG

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animated BG

Is there any way to have animations in backdrops without making it an active object? I believe the background images object is capable of doing this, but I'm not sure how effective it is. (For example, every tile has a glowing light that is maybe 3 frames..Considering I'm going to have maybe 300 or so of these tiles, does that mean duplicating the background images object 300 times so it'll have the animations, and if so, how do I go about doing so? I can't seem to figure out how to edit more than 1 image for the BG without using externals)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Animated BG

background images will do this.
    Store all your images inside the object, place however many objects you need for your frame (usually enough to cover your visible frame) and use its alterable values to store the animation frame number.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uprize
    background images will do this.
    Store all your images inside the object, place however many objects you need for your frame (usually enough to cover your visible frame) and use its alterable values to store the animation frame number.
    Great thanks for the help. For some reason I never caught that from any example shown. (Or maybe because I just didn't think it worked like that) but as for my second question, how efficient is this?

Say a typical stage consists of around 1,000 background image objects. (each tile has an animated part on it, and there are 1,000 tiles,which is a really small amount actually if each tile is only 32 x 32.) Should I/users expect any slow downs? (I believe "Efficiency" for "Slow, Low ram" and whatnot is ignored since it does not resample and is aligned to top left)

And if so, what is the difference between me using this background images object instead of an active with only 1-3 frames? (And is BGI object optimized for hwa?)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start a new application in HWA. Click to show the frame, then new object. If it is compatible it will show in the list of objects.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm