Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building Issue

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building Issue

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'c:\program files\multimedia fusion developer 2\extensions\rsdk.mfx'

This is the 1 and only error I get everytime I try to build even the rSDK without any editation. (Note I used to get 4 until I looked up the wiki and found that although my debugger showed it had a different error, the solution worked, for at least 3 of the 4.
    Note: I've also been using vista and lately, it wont let me delete or create any files (mainly to the program files), even though I am the sole admin of this cpu (and it requests I go get authority from one?). I've tried to build out of the program files and it gives me this error, which I'm assuming means "YOU MUST BUILD IN MMF'S EXTENSIONS FOLDER!"
    Anyone have a work around?, say remove the link directly to the folder so I can complile without error? I don't work much with Visual C++ and I'm assuming I can just remove the bad link and apply it later. (But I have no idea how to do that, or where the link is being made)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Building Issue

Oh and I'm working with Visual C++ 2008 Express, which I highly doubt makes much difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means that either you don't have permission to write to that location or you haven't given visual studio permission to write to that location.

Personally I build my extensions into a folder in the extension sdk's folder and copy them to MMF myself, but you can also:
    1: change the permissions on the MMF extensions folder to allow writing by you and not just admins (which will then allow you to write the extension there without UAC getting in the way)
    2: Run visual studio as admin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not the UAC I don't think, because that'd be an easy fix (turning it off).
    How would I force it to give V C++ permission, (or myself the admin). When I say admin, I mean I have full admin controls, and it says so in the control panel. I don't know what this means, but its definately not letting me build (with the error linking the assumed build in mmf2's folder when I can't build because the error shows up, and because my cpu doesn't seem to be working anyway).
    I ran V C++ as admin and it seems to let me build, but it gives indication of an error, but it didn't give me a failure ?
    Last Debug:
    Compiling...
    Runtime.cpp
    c:\users\homework\desktop\rsdk\inc\props.h(223) : warning C4996: 'strdup': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _strdup. See online help for details.
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(207) : see declaration of 'strdup'
    Main.cpp
    c:\users\homework\desktop\rsdk\inc\props.h(223) : warning C4996: 'strdup': The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _strdup. See online help for details.
    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\string.h(207) : see declaration of 'strdup'
    c:\users\homework\desktop\rsdk\extensions\iwmrpg\m ain.cpp(33) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
    General.cpp
    Edittime.cpp
    Generating Code...
    Creating browse information file...
    Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it there was an extra comma left over from when I was editing the actions. It gave me the error on line 33 main.cpp, but the actuall mistake is on line 32 . Seems to be working, I'll have remember to start visual C++ as admin I guess (even though I am admin).

One last thing, now that it gives me a successful in debug, its not making the .mfx file (how do I change the config to build the actual extension?). It seems all the options (release, small release, vitalize ext don't build the .mfx file, what am I supposed to do to install it?)

Firecodemonkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Vista/7, having administrator privileges means that you *can* have full control over your computer/filesystem, but only if you request it by running a program as admin. This is why it won't build directly into MMF's directory (as it is in the protected Program Files directory) unless you run as admin.

If the debug build is successful then it has created the .mfx. Have you tried looking in the directory you mentioned in your first post?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its building all the files into a "release" folder inside the rSDK under my extension. What am I supposed to do with all the files in there? None of them have have a .mfx extension.
    (I've edited my extension so it should do what I want, assuming I can install it, and this is my will be my first working extension).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmyrpg
    1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'c:\program files\multimedia fusion developer 2\extensions\rsdk.mfx'
    That looks like a .mfx to me.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, so since theres no fatal error, that means that the .mfx file built in the extensions folder already. I must be totally brain-dead right now.
    Thanks for the help, my extension is there. I'm going to test it out see how it turns out.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has to be able to read it to build it there in the first place
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast