User Tag List

Thread: Playing video in .ogg format

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing video in .ogg format

We're implementing videos into our game but want to keep the file size down. Ogg format can get the video size lower, does anyone know how to implement a video with that format?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Playing video in .ogg format

OGG format is sound only, I think...
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

Video works as well

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before 2007, the .ogg filename extension was used for all files whose content used the Ogg container format. Since 2007, the Xiph.Org Foundation recommends that .ogg only be used for Ogg Vorbis audio files. The Xiph.Org Foundation decided to create a new set of file extensions and media types to describe different types of content such as .oga for audio only files, .ogv for video with or without sound (including Theora), and .ogx for multiplexed Ogg.
    Above taken from the wikipedia link posted.

as far as i am aware there is no extension capable of playing ogv files within mmf2 or am i mistaken?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are not mistaken - and as my previous post was deleted by an overzealous admin, ace should actually try these things first.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps you could try the Video Pro extension... it supports a whole bunch of files. You could PM the creator and see if he can add it

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for digging this post up from the grave. but I'm still looking into this as well.
    Some time ago I posted a thread:
    http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=127937&Searchpa ge=1&Main=18069&Words=ogv&Search=true#Post127937

I managed to get the video working in ogv format, but sound never came through. Maybe someone here can make some progress on this.

Edit: In the end, currently, I choose to use .wmv with Direct Show object.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to need an Ogg Theora player in my new game, and I will pay for it (although I don't know how much yet, it depends on what my assigners will be able to offer). Oh, and here's the source code to a theora playback library. I bet it's the best place to start for an extension. Once implemented I think that Ogg Theora should be the default video format of choise in MMF games, as it's free, high quality, non-proprietary, and don't require external codecs. Even if you look at new "big" commercial games, you'll often see a theora and vorbis logo lurking in the ending credits...

In either case, the bottom line is; I must have this, and I'm commisioned to create this game. There will be an ogg theora extension for MMF2.