Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MOCHI WARNING

Firecodemonkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MOCHI WARNING

Another person learns the lesson that intellectual property rights aren't equal throughout the world.

Best of luck to you - but personally I'd advise you ignore it, because I doubt you will achieve much, nor do I think advertising in China gives you any sizable income anyway.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps this might be useful.

Mochi Media Acquired By Shanda Games For $80 Million. (Jan 11 2010)

Shanda is China’s largest operator of online games, with nearly 10 million active accounts.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/01/11/mochi-media-acquired-by-shanda-games/

I am not quite sure if they owned the 2 mentioned sites... and that might be in the terms and conditions or anything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright It's not so much the money that bothers me, it's that they got rid of my sponsor's logo, who paid for that in my game, and that they'd do this without consent.
    Most likely I won't get anywhere, but might as well try. What do I have to lose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the best would be to avoid these things in the future.
    Sitelock all unreleased SWFs for sponsor viewing. I am assuming that decompiling swf created with MMF2 would not give them a fla or a nice .as files to alter away but just in case, you can use Obfuscator tools/ swf protector / swf protection for the swf generated by MMF2.

These tools takes your swf files and encrypt it into another swf file . So if they try to decompile your swf, not only your codes are not correctly viewable, some of them hides your swf assets images and sound too as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the methods employed by SWF protections can be read here -> http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/workflow/protect-your-flash-files-from-decompilers-by-using-encryption/

To put it in summary it simply takes your orignal SWF , turns it into binary (that's where all the images and sound assets gets into one chunk) and encrypt it into a new SWF

If you are into Actionscript, you can actually do it with Flash Develop (FREE) and the Flex SDK (FREE)

Will this be in the next Flash Update? (hint hint...)
    Just suggesting

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, Mochi now offers chinese translation service and one site which will legally carry (and show paid ads for) their games is 4399.com. I'd expect there's a chance to solve this, because they have a partnership now.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turtle
    To put it in summary it simply takes your orignal SWF , turns it into binary (that's where all the images and sound assets gets into one chunk)
    That's how MMF2 SWFs look inside already.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliyahu, don't worry about it. It's terribly frustrating, I know, but there isn't anything you can do about it, it's the same with piracy. It's little consolation, but even if your ads were still attached, you'd have make 2 cents from them, China is very much locked up to successful advertising still. Sucks it has to happen to you, but perhaps Mochi can sort something out for you. Let us know.
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It happens to others, I can personaly live with it. I'm more worried about scores flooding than unpaid ads. Just look at the hiscores table for one of my game that some chinese players seem to appreciate:
    http://oliverpearl.com/en/webgames/treasures.php

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    It happens to others, I can personaly live with it. I'm more worried about scores flooding than unpaid ads. Just look at the hiscores table for one of my game that some chinese players seem to appreciate:
    http://oliverpearl.com/en/webgames/treasures.php
    Oh dear, I imagine they are not all from the same player then? An edited version of the swf that sends highscores only with one name?
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast