XLua Version 1.5
XLua has already been available as a beta extension for well over a year, but is now considered mature. It is a stable and feature-rich replacement for the previous Lua Object and Lua+ Object.
In addition to features present in the other Lua objects, XLua includes:
- Current Lua version 5.1.4 plus patches
- JIT-based VM for faster exececution
- Improved error reporting
- Support for both Lua and Lua+ calling conventions
- Support for multiple independent Lua states
- Support for global Lua states
- Support for 3rd party libraries*
- Support for multiple embedded scripts
- Syntax-highlighted script editor
- Support for manipulating selection lists
- Well documented
* Any existing Lua C Module can be recompiled for use with XLua. In addition, several 1st party C Modules were written specifically for XLua and are included with its distribution:
- MMF Interface (mmfi.dll): Directly access and manipulate other objects on the frame. Also provides access to some other MMF state.
- XLuaGL (opengl.dll): Derived from LuaGL, provides API for most of OpenGL 2.0, used in conjunction with any of the OpenGL objects.
- Array (array.dll): Provides multi-dimensional, fixed-size, non-garbage-collected storage for numerical data.
Download: Version 1.5 (Always points to latest version)
Online Documentation: Available here
Support for XLua, as well as access to beta releases, can be obtained Here