User Tag List

Thread: Avast false positives-

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avast false positives-

I cannot access one of my projects that has the mouse object in it, all of a sudden, quite without anything changing. Every time I load MMF2, it simply deletes kcmouse.mfx from my computer entirely. It disappears from the extensions folder, and then if I try to open my project, it says it cannot load because the extension is not there.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: kcmouse.mfx is poofing

Sounds like a anti-virus trying to protect you. You would think that a warning box would come up though.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, thanks, you're right.
    Avast must have stealth updated and now the mouse object is flying false positives all over the place.

9/23/2010 11:24:06 AM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    File was successfully moved to chest...
    9/23/2010 2:02:25 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    9/23/2010 2:04:01 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    9/23/2010 2:05:56 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    9/23/2010 2:07:05 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    9/23/2010 2:09:36 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    9/23/2010 2:09:43 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)
    9/23/2010 2:10:29 PM C:\Games\Multimedia Fusion 2\Extensions\kcmouse.mfx [L] Win32:Malware-gen (0)

Now I gotta figure out how to flag it or just get rid of avast and use something different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google found me reports of blizzard products being flagged with their downloaders. Avast must have done a major update overnight, and its doing a lot of false positives. If anyone is running it, check your log and see if anything has gone missing from your computer since yesterday

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just submitted kcmouse.mfx to www.virustotal.com and these are the figures.

Out of 43 AntiVirus programs, 25 are reporting a virus, that is a 58.1% chance that it is real.

I would think twice about using kcmouse.mfx until you are 100% sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kcmouse.mfx is not a virus, you can exclude it into AVAST then restore the file and you're go!

(Kaspersky PURE had same comportment as AVAST, just sumbmitted to VIRUSLAB of Kaspersky and few days after, the detection was gone!)

Then.. do it the same!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

reports of blizzard products being flagged with their downloaders
    And yet a lot of people still think the anti virus people are blameless. They need to be held to a higher standard and must do something about the false positives they cause the users.

Not to forget the grief they cause support people and software developers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll find a huge discrepancy of trust of anti-virus programs (and their necessity) between end-users and software developers. In all my years on the internet, I've never hit any real viruses, simply because I'm not silly enough to download anything that says its a video of a famous person naked and is .exe format from a popup. TBH, I don't see the necessity of it all- it slows down your computer and causes more grief than any virus does.

If I ever actually got a trojan I'd spot the packets with wireshark...

Anyway kcmouse.mfx is the Mouse Object by cellosoft. I filed a false positive report for it, but there may be other objects in MMF2 and so on that have false reports. I think the Big Box Object and a few others have mouse controls too and would register as false positives. IIRC, they're just using a C library for mouse events, all the same