User Tag List

Thread: Droid flash game development?

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Droid flash game development?

I've been researching into the new flash support on Droid phones, and I noticed that they don't respond to mouse events. Instead flash 10.1 seems to use a new touch screen API(I may have my terms wrong, I'm no programmer).

All the guides I'm finding have to do with using flex or the offical adobe software(flash whatever is in the creative suite thingy), and all basically say it's built into the flash 10.1 API.

Reference - Adobe actionscript manuals

Is there plans or a way to implement the new AS commands into a MMF2 flash application? The market for these flash games on Droid seems to be pretty good, and mochimedia is even launching their own mobile flash game site. It would be really cool if we could develop stuff for it using an extension or something.

I know there was some updates being done to MMF2's flash runtime to allow access to "external APIs", but I don't know if that would allow the touch interface since it's built into flash 10.1(and thus not an external API in the first place).

To be honest, I don't know too much about using APIs in the first place so I may not even know what I'm talking about here. But I'd be willing to learn if MMF2 supported it somehow, even if I had to input the actionscript functions myself.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Droid flash game development?

I can confirm that MMF apps compiled to SWFs behave normally with mouse events on my Droid X. If you're creating a SWF in MMF specifically for Android, disregard the touch screen and just treat it as a left-click mouse event.

Clicker Fusion 2.5SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to make use of the "multitouch" that way? For example, if the user touches two objects at once(with two fingers, obveously), can we get that input using two "mouse click on object" events? Something like:

Mouse click on Object A
    + Mouse click on Object B
    - Do stuff

(Obveously, on a pc this code would do nothing, because it's impossible to click on two seperate parts of the screen at once without touch. :p)

I somehow doubt this would work if the swf just does PC mouse emulation, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, and don't own a droid phone to test it myself.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, only the first condition in an event could be immediate. What you could do is have a "Repeat while touching anywhere" and then a "Number of touching zones" and then expressions to get the touched areas X and Y by zone ID. And the pressure, of course. Then we could use some simple math to scale it up to our game window.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

be wary, flash games being played on a droid through the browser app are extremely unresponsive and slow.