User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Extremely slow on iPhone 4

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extremely slow on iPhone 4

I thought I would try some of the basic features out in a simple test app. However with the attached mfa, it seems to be extremely slow on my iPhone 4 and in the simulator. I would say that it runs at about 10 FPS on my phone. The game also crashed the first couple of times I ran it. (The splash screen came up then immediately disappeared). And then oddly enough I left it a while and tried running it again through XCode, but to build to my iPhone, and it worked.

I put in a quick backdrop so that I could see if the game was using the higher resolution. If you look at the attached screenshot that I took with my phone you can see that it does appear to be 640x960. The background however is red on my device where as in the mfa it's only made up of black and white pixels.

In the mfa, the background is not covering the whole app, yet on the device it is.

The button and edit box don't show up at all.

Perhaps it is all a scaling issue? I noticed in another thread it was mentioned that iPhone 3 resolution images are made of all of the objects, as well as iPhone 4 resolution images. Is that handled when the game is compiled? Or is there realtime scaling going on as well?

http://andy.viacityloop.com.au/files/redscreenshot.PNG
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Extremely slow on iPhone 4

I forgot to mention that I am using iOS SDK 4.1 and iOS 4.1 on my phone. I changed the project properties to make it work for my phone.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

About the slownees: Be sure to click 'Build and Run' and not 'Build and Debug' if you want a more realistic speed on the emulator. For some reason the debug mode makes everything run really slow. Uncheck the 'Breakpoints' button in XCode to get the 'Build and Run' button instead, or hold down ALT key and the button should change as well.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And I can see that there is a bug that makes it scale the window up (when it didn't need to) but still only displaying the first 640x320 pixels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using "Build and Run" and I'm still getting slowdown. It's even slower on my actual iPhone.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It could be because of the scaling that goes wrong. I'm on it

With the 960x640 resolution it still tries to upscale it.
    So in the end the resulting resolution it draws at is 1920x1280 which of course is killing the performance on such a device.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, thanks for looking into it. Maybe I should try making a game at iPhone 3 resolution and see what happens.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys, i have the same problem than netninja, i have long time with my project testing on diferents iphone 4 and everything all right. But suddenly mi game works like a 10 fps more or less in diferents iphone 4 and iphone simulator, my game is 60fps and works perefect in MMF2. First i thought i changed something inside my game on mmf2 but... I have saved older versions of my game becouse if i have problems. And more odd is my older versions now works slow too! when working properly at the time. I dont understand... I test build and run, uncheck the 'Breakpoints', display options on MMF2...The problem presist. Please i need help. Thank you so much!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Capote:
    Is your game still slow when you click "Product" -> "Profile" and chose "Time profiler" and run it (on the device).

If it is, can you send me your game so I can figure out what is wrong? (Compiled XCode project is fine, I don't need the MFA).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the answer Anders, y tried "Product" -> "Profile" and chose "Time profiler" and run it (on the device). But i have not seen anything different.Now If i uninstall iOS exporter and install again if i dont update MMF2 my game works good becouse is the last version of iOS exporter. I dont know why the problem with new update. Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast