User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting Warnings from Norton

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Warnings from Norton

Hi,

I am getting warnings from Norton that the file stdrt.exe is behaving suspiciously and then removes it from applications temp directory. Is this new? I had not encountered it previously.

With Regards

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Getting Warnings from Norton

Hm, I've just tested stdrt.exe from the builds 249 and 250 on virustotal.com and apparently no anti-virus program generates any false alarm, including Norton. When did it start happening? Does it happen with standalone apps newly created?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Yves,
    It started yesterday. I have built the application for the first time on a new PC and it happens if the sonar protection of Norton is on. I was forced to close sonar protection in order that the application starts. I have just activated the sonar protection again to print an image of the warning. But it does not give me the warning any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Yves. It happened again.
    here are the images

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also noticed a report on a download site, that my latest game didn't pass the sonar (Build 249, All-in-one-Exe). Sorry, no english on this website.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know what's this "Sonar", is it their new anti-virus product or their heuristic engine? There must be a way to submit stdrt.exe to Norton via its interface and tell them it's a false positive, could you try that? (sorry I haven't Norton and I've had bad experiences with submitting false positive samples via their web site )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yves
    I don't know what's this "Sonar", is it their new anti-virus product or their heuristic engine? There must be a way to submit stdrt.exe to Norton via its interface and tell them it's a false positive, could you try that? (sorry I haven't Norton and I've had bad experiences with submitting false positive samples via their web site )
    I think it's their new heuristic engine from what I understand, but don't quote me on that. I do know it's not a product. It's a part of regular Norton AV.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've submitted a false positive to Norton, hopefully this time they'll fix it faster than last time... Do not hesitate to submit it to... more complaints, faster fix...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SONAR is that annoying thing that eats your memory and your created games and expects you to be happy and proud.

/rant

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ham, they answered me (miracle) and told me they can't reproduce the problem with the stdrt.exe I sent them. Could you generate a small application, verify that Sonar displays the message, and send it to Norton via this page :

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive

Specify in the message that this is an application created with Multimedia Fusion 2.

Or send it to me if you prefer (but in this case I would need to know the exact message displayed by Sonar, and the exact name and version number of the Norton product you use).

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast