User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Annoying click-sound in music loops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Annoying click-sound in music loops.

yes... the Ja-Thread... lol

Thanks Jaffob for the help. The funny Thing is that i understand the english native language much better than i speak (write) it. But thanks again. This Forum is so great that even non native-english-speakers are very well supported and encouraged to learn and also ask questions if necessary.

Jacob, i don' t want to offend you, but to me it seems that it is not a problem with MP3. I never had any difficulties to play and work with MP3s. Ofcourse, if the File is badly converted, then it could sound bad, but normaly it just degrades some of the Frequency-Content that isn' t very important to human ears. And if you get crackles and clicks in an MP3, then something is wrong with the MP3-File or the Player you use to play them or if you encode them yourself, then perhaps your codec is not doing the conversion right.

Any decent (even Freeware) Audio-Editor is able to properly loop a sample or part of a sample without ever clicking (ofcourse you need to set the loop-points where the sample is on the "Zero-Crossing-Line otherwise you will always get clicks when you loop). But what i also encountered is that many players (also the Windows Media Player) is not able to loop a track or sample without clicking or at least a few milliseconds of silent when the Track jumps to the Beginning again.

Perhaps it just has to do with the fact that MMF needs to reposition the Play-Cursor to the Beginning of the File again and this leads to a short "hickup"? Perhaps it has to do how the File is accessed by the App or how the App handles the "Loop". But everything in this last paragraph is just speculation and perhaps an official Clickteam-Developer can shed some Light on how MMF handles Sound-Loops and how the mentioned problem can be 100% solved.

Thanks for this interessting Thread. I always wondered how strong Multimedia Fusion is on the "Sound and Music"-Side. I imagined once to create a Sequencer with MMF. But as i looked into some of the Objects and Expressions it seems like MMF has some limitations about handling sound-files or even be able to "create" them.

Greets to you all

jahkri

PS: Sorry for this long Post...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have multi samples checked in runtime options you will always have a small delay beetween sounds.

You can read about it here:
    http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/img/uploads/tutorials/download/Application_Properties.pdf

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot Skyhunter. I was not aware of that fact about multisamples. Hopefully this will resolve the remaining tiny clicking for Keokeo.

Greets

jahkri

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know that. That kinda sucks. :/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2