User Tag List

Thread: Need Help with List-View-Object...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help with List-View-Object...

Hello Everybody,

i' m working on an App for a small company. As i' ve stated in a previous post, i tried first with the Datagrid-Object. But sadly that Object seems to have at least one strange Bug. Please read my previous Post if you' re interessted: http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=214701#Post2147 01

Now i' m trying to use the ListView-Object to display Data. I' ve got it working so far, but i' m not able to solve the following problem:

The User fills in 8 Edit-Boxes with Data about a client (Name, Adress, and so on). Now when all 8 Editboxes are filled then the User clicks on a Button labeled: Add Client. This Action "on Button clicked" should do the following:

- Add a new Line in the List-View (working)
    - Add Customer-Nr. to first Cell of the new created Line (working)
    - Fill the Information of the 8 Edit-Boxes into the corresponding 8 cells on the new created Line (i' m not able to get that one to work.)

Could someone please help me with the last Action (filling the Content of the 8 Edit-Boxes into the corresponding Cells on the new created Line).

Thanks in Advance and

Greets from Switzerland

jahkri

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Need Help with List-View-Object...

I'll whip up an example for you. Give me a few.

Edit: Here you go. ListView Example

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey StephenL

thank you again very much for your fast Reply. I' ll check out your example when i' m at home.
    Hopefully this example makes some "mysterious" MMF-Things a bit clearer for me.

I will reply to this topic as soon as i have tried out your example.

Thanks again for the nice support....

Clickteam-Forum is the Best and most responding Forum... so many nice people here....

Greetings from Switzerland

jahkri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Again,

@StephenL,

i tried your Example and at first sight it did exaclty what i wanted. Realy Nice. But then i found a small bug:

If i have entered some info into the 8 Edit-Boxes and i click on the Button to add the Information to the List-View-Object. Everything works fine. The 8 columns labeled "Info 1, Info 2, and so on till Info 8" are added and the Texts from the Edit-Boxes are correctly entered into the Cells of the Columns. So far everything works fine.
    But if i click a second or a third time on the Button to add another Line with Client-Info then it adds the Texts of the Edit-Boxes to the correct cells, but it always adds another 8 Columns to the List-View (Info9, Info10, Info11, and so on). Everytime i click on the Button it also adds 8 Columns to the Listview so it becomes wider and wider, everytime i click on the Button.
    Can this be changed so that it only adds the 8 columns at the first click, but every other click will just add the info from the edit-boxes into a new line below the already created 8 Columns (Info 1 till Info 8)? I have predefined the 8 Columns already in the List-View-Editor so basicly it just needs to add a new line and add the info from the Edit-Boxes into the Cells below the 8 columns. If i save the Listview and reload it then if i click the button it should add a new line at the End of the List-View-Object.

Sorry for the long and detailed description.

Perhaps i have to get a deeper understanding how the "Fastloop"-Funtion works. It is still somewhat mysterious to me... hehe but i think i will get a better idea if i try to recreate your example.
    PS: I would be realy grateful if you could give me a hand with this and or update the example you posted earlier.

Many Thanks in Advance and

Greetings from Switzerland

jahkri

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just change the line index parameter (0 = first, 1 = second etc) in the create line action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my, StephenL, that was fast. You just replied when i was still editing my post. So cool. This Forum is one of the most active-ones i' ve ever visited. So i try my best to give other peoples help and advice to (if i can).

Anyways, thank you very much. I just try it out.

Greetings again from Switzerland

jahkri

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A tip: If you want to end all your forum posts with the same thing (like "Greetings from Switzerland") edit your profile and put it in the signature box, then it will be on all of your posts automatically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Dynasoft,

hehe... you' ve noticed... sorry if it is annoying for you or anybody else. It just feels more personal for me when i write it directly at the End of the Post (like Old-School-Letters).

But i try to find a nice Signature. But as a Signature i d' like something more "amazing". I' ll wait for some inspiration. So expect a nice Signature soon...

Greetings from Switzerland*

jahkri

* @Dynasoft: as soon as i have a proper signature i will stop posting that...