User Tag List

Thread: Lacewing Server Crashes

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing Server Crashes

Experiencing some strange application crashes that I assume are being caused by the Lacewing Server extension.

Only happens when a certain line of code has been fired and the client disconnects AFTER that line has been fired. if the client continues playing everything works fine untill they disconnect.

I have isolated the line of code that is causing the crashes (shown in screenshot below) but cannot figure out why this only occurs when the client actually leaves?

there is no code for On Disconnect.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/7618/bleh.jpg

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Lacewing Server Crashes

I'm afraid I can't debug it unless you isolate the problem in a blank MFA, and the next Lacewing build won't be for a while (the C++ library is undergoing extensive refactoring).

Not that this is the reason it's crashing, but you shouldn't really be sending all that data as text. The stack message feature is much more effective for things like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 characters is too much for a message?

Replacing that line with a stack STILL crashes the server =\

I don't know how to isolate? this doesn't occur when you send a message to channel on its own mfa, it needs a client to connect and disconnect after the line has fired, and even then is only a chance it will crash.

it doesn't even occur here..

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2632/bleh2a.jpg

Which is very srange to me, as this is earlier code that has worked fine for a month and never crashes. I have tried to copy this code to eliminate the crash on the leter code, doesnt matter if i send alt values, array values, on or off the foreach loop, it still crashes when the client leaves.

I can even change it to Every 5 secs Send "text" to channel on subchannel 34

and it will crash if the client DC's.

Ive been stuck on this for nearly a week now.
    If I cant find a solution to this, I think its the end of my game ... and probably the end of me using mmf2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it have anything to do with sending to a channel thast doesnt exist? if the client leaves the "map" channel, I have set 0 to not auto close the channel when client leaves, but I cant figure out why it only occurs on disconnect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used stacks for some of the larger messages. but are you saying stack messages are faster when appendending loads of data from different locations using Push String to be sent collectivly faster than say in one big expression sent as a message? (not even considering the advantages of the zlib compression)

is the stack faster? if so i was unaware.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've also had an issue with the Lacewing Server.

My Lacewing server app was running on a Windows Server 2003 machine. Each night it would seem to crash. Well when I say crash, it basically wouldn't let any clients re-connect to it in the morning unless I re-started the Lacewing Server app. The clients would basically just connect and then disconnect within a split second.

I put it down to possibly a backup that was run at night on the server machine. In the end after testing and finding nothing, I moved the Lacewing Server application to a Windows XP standalone PC that was on all day but which was rebooted at night.
    All clients connect fine all day and there is never an issue the next morning.

Not really a solution to the problem but a workaround that has worked so far.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you'll just have to wait until the next build. Considering how much has been changed around internally, I think you'll probably find your crashes fixed.

I know that's not the answer you were hoping for, but there's really not much else I can say.