User Tag List

Thread: a Unicode extension for MMF2 Dev HWA?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a Unicode extension for MMF2 Dev HWA?

I've released a game in MMF2 HWA. which reads most dialogue from ini files. It would really be great to be able to read Unicode and display the text in the game. I don't mind having to change the font to display the characters correctly, as I've always set it up to use different fonts for different languages.

Would this be at all possible? I know the current Unicode extension isn't HWA compatible. I have no idea how much work would be involved here but I would consider paying for it if it's something I could afford (hehe). As I need to display in Japanese.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: a Unicode extension for MMF2 Dev HWA?

Hi ionside,

It is possible with workarounds which requires knowledge of the language in question which will eventually leads you to the best option of using the Japanese version of MMF. I do not know if that version supports HWA. You could always try the demo version of the Japanese version to estimate the problems ahead of you.

Best Regards

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello. I've encountered the same problem. I really wanted support for different languages, but I wasn't ready to wait for the unicode version to come out (and it didnt appear to have HWA support either), so I accepted the fate that people will have to have the correct system locale to use the language they want to.

I've done the same thing. I've put my text into ini files. It's possible to just translate your ini files into Japanese or Korean or whatever you want. The players then of course must have set their system to the language they prefer. But that's pretty much always the case, you can assume Japanese people will have their system set to Japanese and Koreans to Korean etc.

To show you that it indeed works:
    English version: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/HernanZh/english.png
    Japanese version: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/HernanZh/japanese.png ->My system is set to Japanese.
    You will see that other languages, for example Chinese, don't work then: http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa266/HernanZh/chinese.png

That's all I wanted to say. Good luck.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Hernan, Well that indeed is good news. Thank you!

When I changed the format of my ini file to Unicode with some text in Japanese and other text in English; the pages in game are blank (not even any jibberish), not displaying any kind of text whatsoever. changing back to ANSI displayed the english (and other languages) fine.

Would you know what could be causing this, and how to get it to read unicode formatted ini files?