User Tag List

Thread: 3D Possibilities

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D Possibilities

Hi, I'd like some clarification on something. I know the support is primitive, but what kind of 3D is possible in MMF2? Just list anything you can think of because I'm not sure what to ask about. Though a vague question, I'd ask like to ask...

Is it possible to make some basic, low-poly (think PlayStation visuals) rooms a player can walk around? Nothing special, almost like a model viewer except it's simply a player walking in a basic environment. (First person, no player model at all.) And I don't mean raycasting like Doom. I'd want some simple 3D models present too.

This is probably beyond what MMF2 can handle. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I've heard about Irrlicht, but last time I researched it years back, I remember it wasn't going anywhere.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3D Possibilities

OpenGL. There is a sub-forum for it.

MMF2 is for 2D. If you give a search of the forums, 3D has been gone over a lot.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds pretty tough to use the OpenGL support, but I guess I'll have to try and familiarise myself. I did search, by the way. But most forums don't accept two-character searches, and 3D is one such search. Searching for "MMF2 3D" didn't yield anything. I didn't spot the sub-forum, so apologies for that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Shaun, the easiest way that wil lgive you full openGl support is to use the OpenGl base object and lua. Alot can be achieved using these, but granted its not easy. Firstly you would need to know the basics of how openGL works and obviously learn LUA which i would say is fun as i love lua.

But anyways heres a few examples of some stuff i did using lua and MMF2 only, i was only experimenting and never finished anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5geed9LSh6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Xbz69uSUo&feature=related

Thanks
    Andy

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaun, here is the sub-forum Link:

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=115&page=1

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also create Pseudo 3D since first KnP which over time also became more interesting and powerful (especially with scaling).

Also there is 'upcoming' Irrlicht object, but when it will came no one knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Gibbon: Wow, that's really impressive. I have experience of working in 3D space since for my degree course I work with 3ds Max and Unreal Editor. Funnily enough, I'm also learning basic Lua. But I imagine it would be very advanced Lua scripting to make this work.

So I guess buying a book on OpenGL would be a good first step. Heh, I switched from a game programming degree to a game design degree for a reason, but yet I wouldn't mind trying this out if it's probably the only way.

@nivram: I found the subforum. Sorry if I didn't make this clear, but thanks anyway.

@Fanotherpg: Yes, true, but I would want some 3D models. When I wrote this question, for the most part I was thinking about the 3D in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHhSh4vcI7k

(You will see the 3D about 45 seconds in.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raycaster object would be enough like for something like that - It's available on one of the Klikdiscs.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very simple( and not that impressive) way I've done 3-D is to use layers to "slice" up a 2-D platform game, then have the player be able to move forward or backward through them with the Layer object.