User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Uber-Networks Publishing - We Want Your Games!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Uber-Networks Publishing - We Want Your Games!

Hey Guys

My company has decided to allocate some budget towards the purchase of some successful games for 2011 to go into the new arcade system set for launch in Jan 2011.

The concept is rather simple, you design the game, upload it to us, if we think it's 'buy worthy' we'll buy the source off you... a chance to earn yourself some spondoolies in time for xmas or the new year!

The contract will involve us purchasing the source, content (including gfx and sounds and other elements) and the rights to publish.

We work with eBit Networks (Game Dev Company) on a permanent basis so there is also opportunities for you to be part of any future developments too. As an avid 'Klik' fan my ultimate goal was to bring the 'Klik' community together to create some masterpieces, maybe this is just the start who knows?

We cannot guarantee any offers made will be 'great', 'spectacular' or 'exclusive' but we WILL make offers on ALL games submitted.

More information will be published on the website http://www.uber-networks.co.uk later today!

I hope we get alot of submissions in time for the new year, but ultimately the 'best' games will obviously take longer.

This is not a competition... The projected lifecycle thus far of the Arcade is estimated at 5 years.

Happy Kliking!
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Uber-Networks Publishing - We Want Your Games!

Awesome!

Problem is... I still don't have SWF exporter, I have a friend who has MMF2, so we could do something, but we wouldnt be able to export it.

But since you will be accepting games in a long date, I may send something later.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this slightly bizarre, can you answer a few of my questions?

Where is your arcade?

What exactly is your relationship with 'eBit Networks' and who are they? Had a google, but all I could find was an 'under-construction' site like the rest of your web pages. (including, strangely, a plumbing and joinery site?) This appears to be an indexed page but... isn't that your game? You work with yourself on a permanent basis?

In the Flash Game Licensing world, selling an exclusive license that includes all source and all intellectual property is the most expensive option for an arcade. And I mean really expensive. The difference between a primary license and an exclusive license containing all the source/IP is a markup of at least 2000%. So a game I would sell for $1000 in a primary license I would sell for $20,000. Sound like a lot? Yes, that's what the source, intellectual property and complete control is worth to me.

Can you give us an average figure that you might want to spend on someone's game?

I feel like you might need to make a better case for your business before I personally consider submitting anything.
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interessting... i contact you soon.. for references, see my Signature ! :-)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey DD

I can only speak from Uber-Networks Publishing Ltd's point of view here.

As a publishing company the offer is to purchase games(source) made specifically in Multimedia Fusion.

I don't understand your intended point regarding IP and $20,000 for a game? I didn't estimate, project or publish any budget allocated by my company. £10, £1,000 or £20,000 is all the same if the game's potential brings a projected revenue.

If we project a game could earn us 35% of the purchase price within 12 months then yes we would purchase at £20,000... however looking at the particular scenario it would have to be one hell of a game and have some hype surrounding it pre-sale for us to be able to project any sort of future for it.

I cannot give an 'average' figure that we may want to spend on 'someones' game because each game would differ so much, graphically, audibly and in gameplay.

People/Companies do not necessarily have to develop games purely for Uber-Networks Publishing Ltd or the Arcade specifically either, as stated it isn't a competition.

In the games industry the standards are high (as we know) and price tags do vary accordingly, however, I have yet to see another publishing company or individual offering amateur or indie whether part, hobby or full time game developers a chance to earn a few quid or thousands from a creation that they have spent time on (Edit: Specifically for Clickteam creations).

The research comes from the amount of games that don't get finished by indie developers (from a coder's point of view) as we all know, we get bored, lack resources or funds or have other commitments such as family or work, we think this is an incentive for others to finish what they started, sell it and have it showcased.

Yes I am a director at eBit Networks but why would we want to source all of our games there? If there's games on klik developers HDD's doing nothing, then we'll make an offer if it's worth carrying on, wrapping up or using for future developments.

The arcade is set for launch in Jan 2011 with a few games already made for it, we want to expand the game selection with our own 'unique' collection (basically not outsourcing, hotlinking other developers/companies games).

http://www.CyberLinkGaming.com is the arcade set for launch 2011. If you don't think the cause is a worthy one then that is fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however, as a new product not even in it's infancy the projections could be weak, off target and inaccurate in terms of projected gameplays, hype and possibility (in some cases, completely!) but that's the risk we are willing to take, are you?

Whatever happens with the arcade, whether it's a massive flop or a multi million pound seller in the next few years, we will continue to support, assist and help indie developers publish their idea's.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Dizzy said.

Why only a project life-cycle of 5 years? That's quite bizarre as well.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Steven, if you have ever written a business and marketing plan you will know that by rule of thumb any projections over the 5 year mark from the startup are just not worthy projections at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes it sound like you expect it to be dead in 5 years!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Could be like a salesman if you'd like and project a 50 year positive approach?

Or could just be honest to the Klik community in our intended plans...

The renewal of the business plans are every 12 months.

I don't understand how the lifecycle is relevant to what we are offering? We don't/didn't have to mention the arcade, our offer is to simply purchase 'flash games' made with MMF2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take it so personally Danny! We're just trying to clarify a few things.

Dizzy's point about (as a rule of thumb) there being a 2000% markup for selling your source and IP is a good one though. For instance on FGL if you sell a primary license for $1,000 you should expect $20,000 for selling the source. A half-decent game would sell for around $1,000 not a super fantastic game as you mentioned above.

I for one would never in a million years sell my source and IP to any of my games unless it was a lot of money!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast