User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3rd party preloaders success!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 3rd party preloaders success!

I didn't notice it sorry StephenL! Still it's nice to see so much user influence in progress of our runtimes.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A brief update:

I am prototyping a more sophisticated version of the template which enables the MMF SWF to call the preloader as required. This means that the MMF game can load and, when it is ready, it can show the preloader SWF. Furthermore, it means that it should be possible to call the preloader (or any other embedded SWF) at any time during the game; e.g. when the game has finished, the preloader could be shown again. In theory, this could be extended to show adverts or other sponsorship SWFs in between levels.

Just to confirm, when compiled, the whole package is presented as a single SWF, so there are no links to external files.

As stated, it is a prototype which I have cobbled together as a proof-of-concept, and I am not certain yet if it will be suitable for production purposes, but I thought I would let you know that I am working on it.

I'm hoping to find some time to work on it next week.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should technically be able to make a extension for this now using Edif without people needing to download and setup FlashDevelop. The AS Dynamics thing is no longer happening but this is it's replacement, here is the link if you are interested -

http://www.clickteam.com/epicenter/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=214271

The current problem is there is no good examples of how to link the Edif menus with the AS3 code correctly and no additional documents are made for it either.

Hopefully some documents will get made for this soon though and then there should be more objects being made to use also as people don't need the main SDK.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for making this. I haven't tested it yet, but it looks very promising.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been testing this but I can't get it to work. There's 2 things:

- even though my game.swf and preloader.swf are both 640x480, and the line in the code is also set to 640x480, the swf it creates is smaller. The content has the right size, but it gets cut off because the window is smaller.

- I can't get the preloader.swf to show. I get a blank screen before the game starts. The sound of the preloader however is playing, and even continues to play when the game.swf is called.

I probably did something wrong here, but the fact I could get anything combined I find very promising. Any chance someone might know what I did wrong here?

RayMarble

- even though my game.swf and preloader.swf are both 640x480, and the line in the code is also set to 640x480, the swf it creates is smaller. The content has the right size, but it gets cut off because the window is smaller.
    In case you're using Flash Develop - have you checked the project settings? Project -> Properties -> Output -> General (dimensions) enter the dimensions (in this case 640x480) in pixels there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. That worked . The size thing is solved now.
    Only now I get blank swf's. It worked partially before, like I mentioned in my previous post, so I must have done something else wrong now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for trying the template.

Unfortunately, I have not had time to work on it over the last week or so.

Remember, as stated in my intro post, it is a proof-of-concept, rather than a completed project; there are bound to be some problems and, ultimately, it may not even be an appropriate solution (although I hope it will).

I hope to find some more time to work on it over the next few weeks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd provide an update...

I have barely had any time at all to work on this project, so little progress has been made.

I have found that a lot (most) MMF SWFs are causing problems with the template and I don't know whether or not the problem is insurmountable, or if I can resolve it.

In the meantime, I would advise you not to rely on this as a solution to adding preloaders or to expect much progress over the next couple of months.

Sorry if I have got anyone's hopes up, but I will try to get back to it ASAP. It may well be that someone else finds a more elegant (and reliable) solution in the meantime.

If no other solutions are forthcoming, I will endeavour to dedicate some time to getting this solution working reliably.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that I'm going to abandon work on this project. I have been doing some digging into SWF files created with MMF, and due to the way that they are created (i.e. with a runtime), it is impossible for me to 'hook' into the SWFs in the required manner.

Those of you who have had a go with my template have noticed that although you can hear the sounds in your game, often (or nearly always) the visuals are, well, not visible; you just get a white screen.

I have used various utilities to see if I can resolve this issue (the free SWFTools are amazing) and I am experiencing the same problem whichever utility I use to work with MMF created SWF files.

To get an idea of the problem, you can use SFWTools SWFDump to see how the MMF SWFs are put together, and SWFCombine will demonstrate the 'white screen' problem.

Hopefully, with the amazing extensions and utilities that are being developed within the ClickTeam community, this method of adding 3rd party preloaders would have become redundant anyway; I think that there are some much better solutions on their way soon by the looks of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast