User Tag List

Thread: Space Game help

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Game help

Hi, If you have noticed, I just joined clickteam and just got multi media fusion 2 in the mail so im pretty much at the begginger level. Ontop of my question if you guys could write some general things I should know that would be great. Anyway to my question, Im making a general space game and I was wondering how I would make it so you can select the ship you would like to use out of a selection I already have price tags on them and set it up so you have to buy them first but after that I dont know how to make it so only the ship you select appears at the level. Also, is there more icons that you can add from the bottom? like more animations or people or whatever they are.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Space Game help

Oh i forgot to mention, im 14 going onto 15 soon so I should be able to understand most of what you say if that influences it in anyway

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Space Game help

All right. I'll first answer your initial question.

If you click the application in the tree view and go to the properties panel, you can go through it and find a part that talks about Global Values.
    You should create two Global Values, one for money and one for the ship selected. Additionally, you can create global values for each of the six ships. This will prevent having to use more complex methods such as INI files.

So then in your menu screen, when the player tries to buy a ship, first check if their money is > the ship price. If it is, then subtract the ship price from their money and set the global value representing that ship to 1. That way, the Global Values of ships that haven't been bought will be 0 and you can tell which ships have been bought and which haven't. That way, you can add a check before the player buys, so that he can't buy the same ship twice.

For the second part, the selection process, have it so that when the player selects a ship you set the ship selected value to the ship selected.

Then, on the actual game screen, put copies of all the ships on there and just add events to destroy the ships that you aren't using. It's actually a lot simpler than I made it sound. If you want, I can make an example for you.

BTW, we're the same age! Cool!