Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Building on 2nd gen devices Notes

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Building on 2nd gen devices Notes

I am going to use this thread to encourage discussion and reporting on peoples efforts to get something MMF'd running on a 2nd ipod or Iphone 3g.

So switching the following fields in the build options under the Project Info (Double Click on App name in Overview) resulted in no changes...

Any iOS: Changed from Developer to No signing (No effect)
    iOS Development Target: Switched from iOS 4.2 to iOS 3.2 (No Effect)
    C/C++ Compiler Version: GCC 4.2 to GCC 4.0 (No Effect)

Switching in the General tab under Project Info...

Project Format: Xcode 3.2 to X Code 3.1 (No Effect)

I tested two different apps, One which is the VTA game showed the loading screen before reverting back to the app selection screen, in the second app it showed the loading screen then went black

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Building on 2nd gen devices Notes

I have basically finished my first game, and will try and run it on the 3G phone later today (probably about 6 or 7pm tonight.

Will post results here later.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I accidently purchased a 2g Ipod instead of a 3G one (me got all confused with Apples site that said previous Gen available, i thought 4g was the current one, but it isnt 3g is the current one)... me is muppet... but i suppose at least i can test it on two devices to make sure it works (anyway the wife is happy as she now has a ipod)...

In my first test on the 2g ipod it shows the loading screen and then goes back to the menu, which is what you describe.....

In iTGB there was actually a folder within Xcode under Resources that contained all of the images, within the Xcode for MMF, this doesnt exist, but does have the resources for the default.png etc.

So i am wondering where does MMF store the images/resources and files for the game within Xcode?

Jason

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got lucky I purchase the right ipod -- Apple does make the different "G"s confusing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unfortunately on their site they didnt post what gen it was, I was stupid to think 4th gen iphone is out that must mean 4th gen ipod is out... nope

All it said on their site was previous gen device...oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is the error in the debugger/console if it is any help:

The Debugger has exited with status 0.
    [Session started at 2011-01-05 22:04:00 +0000.]
    GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-1510) (Fri Oct 22 04:12:10 UTC 2010)
    Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
    welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
    Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
    There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "--host=i386-apple-darwin --target=arm-apple-darwin".tty /dev/ttys005
    Loading program into debugger…
    Program loaded.
    target remote-mobile /tmp/.XcodeGDBRemote-1476-90
    Switching to remote-macosx protocol
    mem 0x1000 0x3fffffff cache
    mem 0x40000000 0xffffffff none
    mem 0x00000000 0x0fff none
    run
    Running…
    [Switching to thread 11523]
    [Switching to thread 11523]
    sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
    continue
    warning: Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.2.1 (8C148)/Symbols/usr/lib/info/dns.so (file not found).
    2011-01-05 22:03:37.032 Application[346:530b] Could not download configuration data Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1009 "The Internet connection appears to be offline." UserInfo=0x42e010 {NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=https://configuration.apple.com/configurations/pep/config/pepconfig.plist, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://configuration.apple.com/configurations/pep/config/pepconfig.plist, NSLocalizedDescription=The Internet connection appears to be offline., NSUnderlyingError=0x43bc30 "The Internet connection appears to be offline."}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The internet error in the console, is because its not connected to my network, connected it up in the settings and that message disappears (probably to do with ads)... the error that is left is:

warning: Unable to read symbols for /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/4.2.1 (8C148)/Symbols/usr/lib/info/dns.so (file not found).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok so fixed that error, but now getting a blank black screen... so those errors had nothing to do with the problem

If anyone else has the above error, you can fix it here: http://davidbits.blogspot.com/2011/01/unable-to-read-symbols-for.html

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just letting you guys know that I have been working on a compatibility mode (using a different OpenGL version) for the older devices. It works on the emulator here (as it supports everything) but I suspect that was what made your games not run.

Francois will have the 2G device in his hands soon so he will be able to verify if it works and fix any remaining problems there should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ohh sounds cool.

Cant wait to test it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast