This post is outdated. For more information, go to the last pages.
NOTE: Before reporting that you're unable to build your MFA, please make sure to set the Flash Player version in the application properties to "10.0.0.0"!
Hey guys, as you might have seen I've been developing a flash version of the Phizix - Box2D object. It is quite massive and I'm not sure if I can guarantee 100% compatibility because of the differences in the C++ and Actionscript libraries, but I've made pretty good progress so far and thought that you might want to test it yourself.
A few things to note:
- Only the World, Body, Shape and Joint submenus have been touched so far
- Most of the implemented actions are the "Quick" actions. Defining a body manually might work but I honestly don't know if it will at all.
- Practically nothing implemented 100% except the quick create body/shape actions
- The physics seem to have a few bugs occasionally, but I'm not sure if that's me or the engine
- Currently it relies on Flash 10 and the zip will overwrite Data/Runtime/Flash/Flex/frameworks/flex-config.xml, if you get errors related to "Vector" when building, you didn't overwrite.
It would be a good idea to open the testbed example that comes with Box2D. The Blocks and Bullets example are implemented completely. Joints partially (it might crash?), the rest wasn't even touched.
One last note... I'm not sure why, but sometimes, you can't seem to drag bodies in the examples. I really don't know why. It seems like the On mouse over condition is not triggered... try it yourself, make it add 1 to a counter or so. It just doesn't happen.
This is a very early beta, so bear with me. I'm working on it as fast as I can.