The build #251 is available.
We discovered and fixed a couple of bugs in the latest versions of the build #250, but we didn't want to release a third pre-release version, to avoid any confusion with the version numbers, so the build #250 has been deprecated and replaced by the build #251.
Unicode versions of TGF2/MMF2 (for the ones who own the Unicode add-on)
This version will be released officially tomorrow, unless someone reports a new bug today.
Let us know if any problem.
EDIT: in case of any unexpected issue in this build, reinstall the build 249.
Bug fixes in the build 251
- General: build as Java for Blackberry was not working anymore in the latest versions of the build 250.
- Frame editor: crash in path movement editor if you reach the maximum number of nodes.
- Frame editor: extensions not displayed in some cases.
- Runtime: crash in the Load Frame Position action in the latest versions of the build 250.
Bug fixes in the build 250
New features and bug fixes in pre-release version
- General: bug in beta 4, the "this app has been saved with mmf2 hwa" message could be displayed several times while loading an HWA application.
- Frame editor : the category selected in the Insert New object dialog box is preserved when you close and reopen MMF2.
- Frame editor : the minimum size for the grid is 2 pixels, instead of 4.
- List Box / Combo Box objects : the edit box in the properties was limited to 32 Kb in size.
- Runtime : a bug in the collision detection routines could cause a problem with the automatic rotation option in the 8-direction movement (object direction not modified when it should be).
- Runtime : image size was not updated after automatic rotations.
- Runtime (PC & Java) : click on strings displayed as background did not work in scrolling applications.
- Java : crash when destroying an object with a disappearing animation within a collision event.
- Flash : the fixes for the SWF exporter are intalled by the new update of the SWF exporter posted in the SWF Exporter forum.
New features and bug fixes in beta 4
- General: new confirmation message when you load a HWA app with the normal version.
- Runtime / Debugger : memory leak when you add objects to debugger at runtime and then delete these objects while the debugger is closed.
- Runtime / Debugger : the index of the global values displayed in the debugger was wrong (0-based instead of 1-based) and the letter of the global value is now displayed for unnamed values.
- Runtime : the Run External Program action can now run administrator applications even if the program is not executed as administrator (Windows will display the confirmation dialog box). Due to this change this action can now also run non executable files (it launches the program associated with the file's extension). You no longer need to use the Open URL action of the Vitalize! Plugin object for that.
New features and bug fixes in beta 3
- Picture editor : the ESC key now closes the editor.
- Runtime : Load Frame Position crashes when the application contains global objects.
- Runtime : Load Frame Position doesn't restore the objects' ink effect.
New features and bug fixes in beta 2
- Picture editor : graphic glitches in image thumbnails when the transparent color is not black.
- Path movement editor : crash if you add new segments after reaching the maximum number.
- Drag & drop movement : can't select active object anymore after you drop it onto a Screen Capture object in "automatic capture" mode.
- Animation object : the Go to frame action couldn't work if the new frame is before the current one.
New features and bug fixes in beta 1
- UI : new "Build & Run" button and menu entry. This command builds the application and runs it, if possible (for example if the application is a Flash application it will build the SWF/HTML file and run the HTML file in a browser). This feature was available in the previous version if you press the CTRL key when you run the application (this shortcut key is still available). It was extended to other build types in this version (EXE, screen saver, etc).
- UI : a sharing violation error could happen sometimes when saving applications after running them. This bug should not happen anymore.
- Property window : context menu commands were always disabled when the window was not docked.
- Picture editor : the "confirmation" message displayed when you click the X in the title bar is now also displayed when you click the Cancel button.
- Event editor : possible crash when you create or edit a Group Is Activated condition and a group name has more than 75 characters.
- Event editor : when you copy/paste a protected group, the copy couldn't be opened anymore.
- Events : there was a compatibility issue between English, French and Japanese MFA files, some objects hadn't the same internal type name in those versions, this would cause some problems especially in global events and behaviors. The new version restores the correct type names in the language of the version of MMF2, a MFA saved with the English version should work the same when you load it with the Japanese version.
- Animation Object : Previous Frame action now works.
- Animation Object : an error message was displayed if the filename was empty and the "display error messages" option selected in the properties.
- Animation Object : wrong remapping in 256-color applications with .GIF files that contain local palettes.
- Counter and String objects : the "Display as background" option is now unselected by default when you create a new object.
- Runtime : Set Position did not fix the orientation of the object when "orientation/in direction of object" was checked
- Runtime : when the automatic rotation of the object is enabled, the angle of the image used to be different from an actual direction.
- Runtime : when the automatic rotation of the object is enabled with a one frame animation object, the initial direction was not displayed.
- Mobile Font object (Java Mobile runtime) : resized applications that contain Mobile Font objects could crash on mobile phone unless you re-import the font in the object. The crash should be fixed in this version, in theory, however it's still recommended to re-import the font, for a better result.
- Counter object (Java runtimes) : red and blue components were exchanged in the value returned by the Get Color function.
- Counter object (Java runtimes) : Get Color #2 returns the first color.
- String object (Java runtimes) : clicks on a String object were triggered when you click on the left of a string.
- New "In And Out" movement : The InAndOut movement allows objects to enter and leave the frame in a nicely manner. More info in the help file of the movement extensions.