Thread: MMF2 HWA - Build 251

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MMF2 HWA - Build 251

Quote Originally Posted by Fanotherpg
    V-sync forces framerate to be equal to the refresh rate of your screen which differs highly.
    In any case, I don't want to use v-sync, but something changed between HWA build 249 and 251, and it makes the FPS all twitchy unless I use v-sync. I'm just curious if that's a bug or a permanent change. Wouldn't want to continue the project in 251 if I'm forced to revert back to 249. D:

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is no change at all in the handling of the frame rate between the build 249 and the build 251. Maybe it's caused by something else (different hardware, different version of Windows, etc?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought about that too, but I can't remember changing anything crucial lately, at least nothing hardware -related, nor have I patched/switched Windows or anything. I simply patched HWA build from 249 to 251 and instantly started noticing the twitching. At first I thought it was a temporary glitch, but it's been like that for a week or so already.

Any chance some other tweak you've applied, to some other graphics -related issue, could be causing this as a side effect?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Almost 0.0000 chance. I'll check the differences between source codes when I fond 5 minutes free, to confirm it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k, thanks.

I'll probably revert back to 249 for the time being if nothing's found. That should also verify if it's related to the build version. I just can't think of anything else that could've caused it off the top of my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, if installing the 249 patch on top of 251 is enough to revert back to 249, then sorry for the trouble, I just tried that and the same glitch is still there. So... it's something else, at my end. *sigh* Dunno where to even start looking... >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I found a solution. Weird though. Apparently right now I need to have my monitor set to match the framerate set in the MMF2 project, to have the FPS not twitch. My screen's normally set to 72hz, and it's never been a problem before when playing 60-framerate games. I set the screen to 60hz, and things seem to be fine now. Shame though. 60hz tends to give me a bit of a headache sometimes.

Oh well, I'll live. Just dropping this by in case someone else has the problem. Try different refresh rates, heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

That solution was short-lived. Now even that won't work. It's like the FPS has a mood of it own. Tonight it won't work, next morning it plays nice, then in the evening it goes nuts again.

I'll make a separate topic for this. I've spammed this one more than enough. I already tried a full reinstall of MMF2, which didn't change anything, so it's not an issue with this build version.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is HWA just the next level of MMF2 or is it separate from "non-HWA" releases? I currently have build 249 installed. Is switching to HWA version 251 considered an update or a different type of MMF2?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is currently a separate runtime in a different version, but almost exactly the same, just extra HWA-only features. You can 'switch' to it just by installing the HWA runtime and using that to open your files instead of the normal runtime. They can still be opened by normal MMF2, you'll just lose any HWA-only features (ie effects) in non-HWA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast