User Tag List

Thread: Qualifiers (Dumb Question)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qualifiers (Dumb Question)

I've been working on a platformer basing it on DavidN's tutorial. Currently the player character is set to interact with an active object called "Active2" as the ground, walls, etc.

I'd just been stacking them but have hit the 500 object limit.

I made some larger objects to function the same way and lower the object count, but I can't figure out how to make the Player interact with these the same way without re-copying all the events onto each of these new items.

I believe the answer is to enter the events just one more except with "Active2" replaced with a qualifier. While I can find various qualifiers for for the object (not one called Group.0 like the tutorial states, but whatever I guess...?) but even once it is selected for Active2, it still doesn't show up in the event editor. When I try to add an event referring to the Player overlapping an object, it only lists actual objects, not qualifiers.

So yeah. I'm missing something here that is supposed to be obvious. Please tell me how to make the following event in stupid-simple laymans terms:

(Player) overlapping (Qualifier)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Qualifiers (Dumb Question)

If you're referring to the object limit in MMF... you know you can change that to whatever you want, right?

What qualifier are you adding to the Active2 object? Qualifiers will only show up as an object in events if you're actually using them on objects.

Also make sure you're not hiding any objects in the event editor.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know I could change the object limit. That's good to know. How do I do that?

Regardless I'd like to learn this qualifiers thing so I can make objects share events more easily.

I gave the "Generic 10" qualifier to all the objects that I want to have share the category. Nothing is hidden; it says "All the Events" and "All the Objects."

But the "Generic 10" is nowhere to be found. If I choose "Player collides with an object" it doesn't list the Generic 10 Qualifier anywhere I can find.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe the object limit is in the frame properties if I'm not mistaken... if not there, the application properties. Though I'm not able to access MMF at the moment to check. It's in one of those though! :p

Hmm it definitely should be in the list. Do you have at least one object in your frame editor that has the qualifier applied to it? I believe if none of them are in the frame, the qualifier won't appear.

If nobody solves this for you in a few hours, I'll be home and I can check out your mfa or help you more with this somehow. =)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh weird! I just found it.

For some reason the qualifiers are only available in the GLOBAL Event editor. I've been working from the behaviors of the player in an attempt to keep things organized. Weird. I wonder why that is?

I'd still like to learn about the object limit thing if you have a moment. Nevermind just saw the other post. Thanks!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah...

Actually it's coming up on the FRAME Event editor only, NOT the behavior Events or the GLOBAL Events. So it looks like I'd have to re-enter this for each frame? Help me out here... sorry, I'm sure this is very dumb...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qualifiers aren't avaliable in the global event editor or behaviour editors. It may be a feature to be added later, but not in the near future.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SortaCore
    Qualifiers aren't avaliable in the global event editor or behaviour editors. It may be a feature to be added later, but not in the near future.
    I see. Does that mean I need to copy and paste all the events with qualifiers for each frame?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...yes