User Tag List

Thread: Animation actions are making me crazy!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animation actions are making me crazy!

I don't get how the "animation > change > animation frame..." action works. I can't get it to do anything.

I'm trying to get smoke emerge from a chimney and float upwards while disappearing. When it has disappeared, I want the smoke to reposition at the chimney, and start the animation over. Everything works except that I can't get the animation to start over (I tried the "force animation to"-action for this but couldn't get it to work).

I'm thankful for any help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Animation actions are making me crazy!

set the animation to loop automatically?

or if it'ts a tually moving via a movement you need to "set position relative to another object"

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try adding "Set animation frame, restore animation frame" and "start" (in that order).

I can never remember if you need all of these actions, but it doesnt hurt to use them all in case. And I agree, it is not intuitive that you need to do all this.

Edit: Although, you can probably just approach this by creating a smoke object at the chinmey, moving it up, and then destroying it. Then just recreate the object and repeat. Each time you create the object, set the animation and it will play it from the beginning.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to make it by switching to animation "stopped" after animation "walking" had finished, then have a condition "stopped is playing" and if so, change to walking :P (Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work your way, mobichan).

But seriously, is there anyone out there knowing how the "set animation frame"-action works? 'Cause that person would be a guru!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that this would be a great thing in MMF to either revise so that it works more intuitively (or one can get it to work at all) or make a step by step tutorial that covers EXACTLY how to make it work and WHY. I have a games creation club at my high school and this issue has caused several of the kids to switch to game maker or even (shudder) using Flash. It just shouldn't be this hard to get these animations to work. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to help, but have been only partly successful with no guarantee that I will be able to tell them how to make their next request work.
    Steve

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't that difficult to work with unless you are getting very tricky with calling specific frames. Maybe the issue is in how you are trying to use the animations? The way you described making a smoke particle really seemed unorthodox.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gunnar, please make and post a tiny MFA showing your method that doesn't work and one of us will fix it for you.

What you descrtibe requires ZERO events. It sounds like a case of making something really complicated on yourself due to lack of experience, or due to expecting to need to "code" something.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobichan's method is by far the easiest and most solid in terms of results. Create object, assign its movement and direction, when the animation is over, destroy the old and create a new one at the chimney. But yes, provide a small example and we can help you out