Thread: Retina Resolution Graphics?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Retina Resolution Graphics?

Only the current frame takes up memory.

We are investigating a few different solutions to this problem about doing HD graphics for iPhone4. I have a few ideas that might work.

Not promising that it will be implemented or anything - but I would like to hear you out on this idea:
    You develop your game for iPhone4 with HD graphics. At runtime(load time) the graphics will automatically get downscaled to iPhone3 size. That way you only need to make the game once for the high resolution while it will look good on the low resolution screens.
    There is one disadvantage to this though: You cannot make any specially optimized graphics for the lower resolution as they would be automatically generated.
    What do you think of this?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BHGames: It would scale.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is perfect, but when downscaled, the game is very slow in Iphone 3G and Ipod Touch 2nd.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> BHGames: It would scale.

Any chance that we can change full screen size at runtime to 1024x768 so that it doesn't scale it?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BHGames: I don't know yet. It would maybe give some other problems down the line. We'll discuss it.

Koji_Kabuto: Yes right now it is very slow because all the textures are not scaled down. Big textures drawn to a small area can get very slow. Small textures drawn to a large area is very fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

> We'll discuss it.

Thanks for considering it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Andos.

I certainly did not work at all in resolution 1024 * 768, not even a blank frame, has anyone tried it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get an application running on the IPAD to 1024 * 768, but gives many problems, the main areas that touch both of the sprites, such as fire button joystick 1 and 2 do not work, I think the problem is because there is no resolution change is real but as an Iphone HD application running at that resolution.

I think the support should be native to the ipad, but unaware of the complications it brings to Clickteam.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depending on how the graphics are named when exported (can a dev confirm if they use the active/backdrop names for filenames?)

is there any chance xcode will automatically pick a graphic if we clone the active/backdrop in the frame/library and rename it with the "@2x" extension?

so, I have an active called "player", it gets exported as "player.png" in the encrypted .cci

I then make a clone of the active "player" and delete it from my scene (remains in my library). I then rename the active to "player@2x" and import my retina graphics to replace the normal sized ones it already contains.

this "player@2x" gets exported as "player@2x.png" and from what I understand, is this all xcode needs to recognise that it uses that resource for retina display?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No that would be too simple. Changing the name of the object does not have any effect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast