User Tag List

Thread: Big problem with trying to bind object to another!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big problem with trying to bind object to another!

I have had big problems trying to get one object to be "bound" to another. I have heard it should be something you have to do with ID values but i cant get it to work.
    I would be very grtefull if someone could help me! I will try to explain..

There is the game screen where all the action takes place. The main caracter shoots, enemys attacks and so on.

And then theres the "planning" stage where you can place out "markers" that "pops" up a "real" counterpart in the gaming screen, like if you put a marker for a barrel in a certain place on the planning table that barrel will be created in the gaming screen.

But i need to bind the object placed out in the planning screen to the "real" object in the gaming screen. So when the "real" object gets destoryd the coresponding right object gets destoryd in the planning field to.

And thats my problem because i just cant figure out how to do it..

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Big problem with trying to bind object to another!

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but my Position Controller extension can attach objects to each other. IIRC it can destroy both objects when one is destroyed, but I'm not home at the moment so I'd have to check.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you've been posting a lot of questions here - I just can't help but wonder if perhaps your current project might be a bit too ambitious, and maybe you'd be better off making something a bit simpler to begin with?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole
    I don't mean to sound harsh, but you've been posting a lot of questions here - I just can't help but wonder if perhaps your current project might be a bit too ambitious, and maybe you'd be better off making something a bit simpler to begin with?
    I dont belive in learning if there is not difficulty. I have managed to solve the most stuff myself, but some things i need help for, like this and the mouse recoil problem now.

Clicker iOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The easiest method is to assign both objects to the same qualifier (click on the object in the frame editor, select the event tab in the properties panel, click edit qualifier).

These group objects together. Then whatever event you attach to that qualifier object will happen to the objects in that group.

Try to keep objects in qualifiers of the same type though, like all actives, as each object types have different conditions, actions and expressions.

MuddyMole is right though, you need to learn the fundamentals first. Understanding things like FASTLOOPS, qualifiers and objects like Clickteams movement controller object (good for handling distance and angle calculations and movements) will help illiminate about 90% of your future questions/problems.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot
    The easiest method is to assign both objects to the same qualifier (click on the object in the frame editor, select the event tab in the properties panel, click edit qualifier).

These group objects together. Then whatever event you attach to that qualifier object will happen to the objects in that group.

Try to keep objects in qualifiers of the same type though, like all actives, as each object types have different conditions, actions and expressions.

MuddyMole is right though, you need to learn the fundamentals first. Understanding things like FASTLOOPS, qualifiers and objects like Clickteams movement controller object (good for handling distance and angle calculations and movements) will help illiminate about 90% of your future questions/problems.

I got a solution from darkwire using id values but i am still open to other solutions.

But I dont think quilifiers work for my example? From what i know of quilifiers it binds all objects togheter of the same type? I may have 5 objects of the same type X out in the gaming field at the same time that need to be bound individually to 5 Y objects. When one of those objects X gets destroyed the appropiate object Y of the 5 needs to be destroyed. Also the objects are not created from start of the frame, but in "realtime" when you place markers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with MuddyMole. You seem to be asking people to solve some of the more complex and common things people stumble on in MMF. I would read the fastloop tutorial in the tutorials page (if you haven't yet) and then try to figure out a way to use them to bind objects together. There are a few approaches to do this, but none of them is easy to explain in a simple post. We can help explain concepts, but if you don't "speak the language" yet, then what we tell you might not make any sense to you. Searching the forums and wiki will also help you as these questions have been asked before and usually have been answered.

That said, fastloops (and in most cases the ForEach object) allow you to force MMF to select objects one at a time. You can use them to run through each object in a qualifier by comparing a unique "ID" you assign to each object in the qualifier. Once it is selected, you can attach another object to it.

The same goes for deleting all parts associated with a single, paired entity. When you pair an object, store the parent's fixed value in a variable of the child object. Then, when your paired entity dies, you would store the dying parent object's fixed value somewhere (counter, variable, etc). Then run through the child objects in a fastloop and compare their stored fixed value with that of the dead parent.

Not sure if that makes sense to you, but hopefully you can get something working.

Mobichan