User Tag List

Thread: [Paid Request] Active Theora Playback Object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Paid Request] Active Theora Playback Object

Hi guys,

I don't like doubling any work or projects, but the development studio I work at requires a Theora extension for MMF2 (HWA) as soon as possible, while the one developed by Nifflas & Villy seems to have slowed down on a speedbump - I couldn't get a certain release date on that. In other words: I'm required to find someone who'll be able to produce a Theora object in a short period of time, for an adequate pay, as one of our projects depends on that.

Thus, I'm looking for someone to create a Theora Playback Object, which would behave similarly to the Active DirectShow object, but would not require any external files or libraries (aside from the OGV/OGG video files itself) for playback. The main requirement here is that our application needs to display Theora-encoded videos without the need of installing the codec to the player's machine (he just needs to install the game).

We would like to receive both an extension, working and optimized for the HWA version of MMF2 if possible, and the source code for it, so that it can be published, modified and edited according to our needs and our producer's plans. Please post quotes here or send them to my e-mail, marchewkowy@gmail.com to establish contact and get the payment details hammered out. We're a serious company looking for someone who's serious about producing the goods for us for an adequate payment.

Main links to take a look at:
    http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/libtheoraplayer/index.php?title=Main_Page
    http://www.theora.org/

Let me just gather up the specifics and post it here as well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Paid Request] Active Theora Playback Object

REQUIREMENTS for the THEORA PLAYBACK OBJECT

Here are the basic actions, conditions and expressions we would need in our Theora object:

Actions:
    + Load video file.
    + Play video file.
    + Pause/Resume.
    + Stop playback.
    + Jump to position/time...
    + Resize to [width]x[height]
    + Ordering actions (move to back, etc.).
    + Positioning actions.

Conditions:
    + Is playing?
    + Is not playing?
    + Loaded a new video.
    + Time of video is...

Expressions:
    + Time of playback.
    + Length of the loaded video.
    + Width of loaded video.
    + Height of loaded video.

The Theora playback would have to be treated similarly to an active object, as we would need some Active Objects to be displayed on top of the video in some situations.

The stretching/resizing of the video would have to produce a nice non-pixelated effect, similarly to how the video is stretched in a video player.

Finally, we would like to scout for a possibility of using a transparency layer / alpha mask, that would enable to add transparency to the video (i.e. by combining two videos, one with the actual video, one with a grayscale alpha mask that would combine onto a video with transparency on MMF2 runtime).

We'll be waiting for quotes, this is a really urgent matter for us. If you know how to code this, please, get in touch.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to get in touch with Villy, but I can't. This is very urgent for me too, and I'm offering $156 for it, though I'm personally not in need of the alpha mask or resizing (though I guess it's a good idea to support that if you want koobare's money too). My requirement is that I and Clickteam gets a copy of the source (which I hope doesn't conflict with koobare's interest).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why when I work with someone ive got his mobile number just to be in touch when there is an urgent need. But i hope that Villy will came back with it ASAP.

Koobare and did you tried at gamedev? I remember that organizer of KrakJam (koshmar?) was interested in doing some extensions for CT.