User Tag List

Thread: Multi-touch Emulation in Windows runtime

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multi-touch Emulation in Windows runtime

Multitouch support: I can control the first touch in the Windows runtime with the mouse while holding the control key. The second emulated touch is automatically mirrored which is quite limiting.

I have a suggestion for how we could better control multiple touches when testing in MMF - would the following be possible?

• While NOT holding CTRL key and clicking - treat as single touch (as it works now)

For Multitouch - must keep CTRL key held down:
    • To add a new multitouch point - Hold CTRL and click in an empty space (ie: where no other multitouch circle currently lives) - allow to click into 5 (or 10?) empty spaces to register than number of touches. Each touch point should contain a small number inside it to show what touch number it is.
    • To remove a registered multitouch point - Right click on a multitouch circle.
    • To move a registerd multitouch point - Left click & drag
    • Remove all registered multitouch points - release the CTRL key.
    • To provide support for the zoom multitouch action where two touches move away from each other (as it works in MMF now) hold Shift+Ctrl keys together - to simplify only the first two touches would be controlled.

Does that sound reasonable and would you implement it? I know testing multitouch apps will always be difficult in Windows however it would make it easier if we can have more control over the emulated multi-touch.

A future wish-list item would be if you could support multi-touch devices on Windows, for example I have a WACOM Bamboo multi-touch tablet which would be perfect for testing in Windows
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Multi-touch Emulation in Windows runtime

The system I use on Windows is exactly thé same as the One on thé Xcode emulator. Would n'y it be better to keep them identical?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it is quite basic so when you are testing in mmf, there is only so much you can test. You may likely have to do all of your testing on the device. While this is not insanely painful to do, it does slow you down and having to repeat this cycle (build in mmf, copy to mac, build in mac, play game, and repeat).

If time allows I would welcome improvements to the windows testing side with multi touch games. What do others think?

As an example, how could you test a twin-stick shooter in the style of robotron ?
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the current multitouch solution is not handy, but I prefer they concentrate efforts to squeeze all relevant bugs to get the exporter out of the beta stage soon.

Redefining things like that on the Windows side, right now, could slow down development pace for the exporter/device runtime itself.