User Tag List

Thread: Duplicate users on channel

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Duplicate users on channel

I want to be able to detect duplicate names that are connecting to a Channel.

The problem I've got is in my app a person can connect to a channel called "default". If they exit the program correctly then all is ok, however, if they leave the application running and then just shut down their PC, the Lacewing Server still thinks they are connected.

When they reboot or login again and the app starts up it already thinks they're connected and won't let them join.

Basically I want to be able to check that if the name already does exist then to remove it from that channel and then let them re-join.

Anyone have any ideas?
    This is frustrating the hell out of me at the moment and it's for a commercial product so getting this right is crucial.

Many Thanks,
    Marc

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Duplicate users on channel

A bit of further testing points to this being a problem with my Lacewing Server application and not the client app.

I tested this by instead of connecting to my Lacewing Server I connected to Aquadasoft.com. When I rebooted the PC the client app started up and connected fine.

My Server app doesn't do anything special really. It writes a fair bit of info to the screen about who is connected/disconnected etc but that's about it.

At the start of the frame I host on port 6121 and then have the following events for the Server:

[Lacewing Server] - On Disconnect - . . . .
    [Lacewing Server] - On Name Set Request - . . . .

and a couple of others for receiving messages, but that's about it.

I also tried using the LacewingServer.exe that comes with the extension and funnily enough that screws up like my Server app does and won't let me re-connect after a reboot/log off.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be able to sort out a new build you can try - I'll be in touch over the next few days (things are a bit hectic here right now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That would be fantastic Jamie - I would really appreciate it.