User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MooClick & Lacewing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

MooClick & Lacewing

I was just wondering if MooClick was any more stable than Lacewing in terms of the disconnect/connect issues if users don't shut the program down properly or in terms of the current Lacewing Server falling over after 12 hours when minimized?

I know Lacewing is the replacement for Moo and I've really enjoyed using it but if Moo is more stable for simply sending messages across a network then I'm thinking of re-coding my app to use MooClick.

Are there any known issues with doing this?

Thanks,
    Marc

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MooClick & Lacewing

For me, Moo is more stable than Lacewing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoffe
    For me, Moo is more stable than Lacewing.
    Thanks - In your experience does Moo have the same issue with users not being properly disconnected if they don't close the app before shutting down their PC?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing is far more stable than Moo, it has more support and less bugs, and there are no connect/disconnect issues, other than if you unplug your internet while connected (on some servers it may leave a ghost peer).

@JohnCoffe: What about Lacewing makes it less stable than Moo? Maybe we can confirm your issues if you tell us what they are.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moo is probably indeed more stable than this build - there are known crashing issues which I don't currently have time to debug and fix. Besides, Moo is single threaded (like the next Lacewing build will be) - there's a lot less that could go wrong.

It's a bit of an annoying situation - for you guys even more so than myself, I know - but build #18 will resolve everything, and be much easier to support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LB
    Lacewing is far more stable than Moo, it has more support and less bugs, and there are no connect/disconnect issues, other than if you unplug your internet while connected (on some servers it may leave a ghost peer).
    However, if you have a Lacewing client and you shutdown/log off your PC without first closing the app down, you struggle to re-connect again as the server still thinks you're connected.
    Does this also happen in Moo?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you shutdown your computer is asks a window to close as if the user had asked it to close. If it doesn't close after a while, only then will it forcefully end it. I cannot reproduce your issue for this reason...

@Jamie: Will going from multi-threaded to single-thready affect performance? and if so, how?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll affect it positively for MMF applications. For C++ applications, the multithreaded mode will still be available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LB
    When you shutdown your computer is asks a window to close as if the user had asked it to close. If it doesn't close after a while, only then will it forcefully end it. I cannot reproduce your issue for this reason...

@Jamie: Will going from multi-threaded to single-thready affect performance? and if so, how?
    I don't know if your using Windows 7 or XP.
    However in Win 7 if you go to shutdown and the client app is still running you get a Win 7 dialog box on screen telling you that the app is still running.
    If you click on the Force Shutdown button then Windows shuts down and my Server app still thinks the client is connected.
    When my machine reboots and I start my client app the Server still thinks that I am still connected; therefore it won't let me connect to the channel again.
    Simple to reproduce and also does this in XP. This also happens if the pc running the client goes into sleep or hibernate mode.

The only way I've managed to get around this is for the server to send messages to all clients every x seconds to find out if they are "still connected". If my server app doesn't get a response within a certain time then it disconnects them.
    The workaround does work however it would be much better if Lacewing handled this side of things.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tested on XP, Vista, and 7, and I do not get any sort of dialog box telling me that the program is still running...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast