User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Beta] Local Flash Connection

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Beta] Local Flash Connection

[img:left]http://mmf.nijumi.de/extensions/LocalFlashConnection.jpg[/img] Here my next extension.
    The Local-Flash-Extension can get and/or received messages from other "local" multiple SWFs [color:#666666](you can communicate with other swfs on the same domain)[/color].

[color:#666666]See the Example for more informations [/color]

[color:#3366FF]Example:[/color]
    Start the Example

[color:#006600]Download:[/color]
    Download the Local-Flash-Extension

[color:#CC0000]Please Donate for more Extensions:[/color]
    Please Donate !!

The extension is global across the frames.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Beta] Local Flash Connection

Haha, that's pretty cool. I'm sure this'll be really nice for self-published games, thanks Pharanygitis. It's an idea I would never have thought up, and it's neat.
    Cranktrain - Currently finishing a new game called The Cat Machine!
    @MattLuard on Twitter.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooooooooooo VERY NICE!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pharanygitis, this is neat. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks,

Really useful!!!

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow this is really cool! Thanx Pharanygitis

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is fantastic, thank you - will have a play with this later
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome extension!

But is there a way to actually send text to all opened channels at once? For instance, if someone (ok, me), would want to create a simple, in-game chat window, would it be possible to send text to every other connected user without sending each one the same text separately? (and for that, I would need each user "channel" ID, which is problematic since there's no way to know how many users are connected, nor their "channel" ID)...

I'm willing to support development of this extension (donate) if a new version that allows sending text to all opened channels gets done. (If it can already do this, please let me know how, I'll donate anyway!)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can set the "channelname" on - Start local connection - in "connection name". See the example

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pharanygitis
    You can set the "channelname" on - Start local connection - in "connection name". See the example
    Yes. That I know. But there can't be more than one "instance" of the application running on a single channel. I tested it yesterday, and even in your example, one has to select channel 1, and the other, channel 2. If both select the same channel, the first one can send messages, but the other can't. The application can't even get the domain name for the second user if on the same channel.

My goal would be to create a simple, in-app, little chat window that any user can go into and send messages to anyone else connected a that time. But for that, either all users need to be on the same channel, or we would need a way to send text to all openned channels at the same time, in a single command, without having to specify the name of each channel.

Either way would work, as I could send a bunch of information in a string (like username, message, and anything else that might be "application-related") and use a string tokenizer to separate all the data, and then use that data to post a message in the application.

This object is great, really, but while I'm not an expert in Flash or C++ (and thus don't know what can or can't be done), this object would be really AWESOME if sending text to all opened channels at once was possible (or having more than one person on the same channel so everyone also receives messages).

Is this something possible or is there a technical limitation somewhere that would prevent such a thing? I'm just curious, because like I said, if that was possible, that object would allow the creation of not only cool chat clients, but would also allow the creation on simple flash games that could support online multiplayer without having any kind of server or additionnal need for complex connection management. That would be the BEST OBJECT EVER for Flash development in my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast