User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best way to debug?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to debug?

My current project is halted because i'm receiving an xcode crash when i'm trying to use Global Values and the ini object to juggle some settings when moving around frames...

I've tried everything to see what's making it happen but I can't tell if it's my coding (works perfectly in MMF) or a bug with xcode...

I've contacted Andos and Francois by PM but haven't got a response back yet, so I was just wondering if you guys have any suggestions for steps I can take to narrow down the crash?

My app currently requires the game to pick a random list of 5 frames to play a "round" of the game. I'm using list objects for a random pool alternative (there's no random pool object yet) and the ini object to store the list between frames.

Has anyone had troubles with the ini or list objects...or maybe even global values?

I'd love to keep this project moving so I don't lose interest as i've been recently cut down to two days a week at my once full-time job...This was my backup plan!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Best way to debug?

Sorry for being slow to respond. Easter is here and we have had some techical problems we are still resolving with Apple.

If the game crashes while you run it in debug mode, can you take a screenshot similar to this?:

(taken from XCode3)

Sometimes the Console ( www.andersriggelsen.dk/uploads/crash-info.png ) contains useful information but that doesn't seem to be the case for some people.

If we can see where in the code it crashes (by having the stack-trace) we can much easier find and fix the bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all different in xCode 4 I can't find any of those options you have listed.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you experienced a crash, then open the Organizer on XCode4, go to device logs and read the crash report. You can then copy&paste it to, say, a message, PM, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My device is currently 4.3 and the frame just goes black, so I changed the simulator to 4.2 and it all works up until the frame crash (I can see the random pool working etc)

So I can't use device crash logs at the moment :/

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of the issues we are talking with apple about is exactly iOS 4.3 causing a black screen. 4.2 does not seem to be affected. Apple is currently looking into the issue but I have no idea how long it will take them to give a definitive answer.
    In the meanwhile we are working on a different display system so it will not use the buggy display routine in iOS 4.3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andos, will the new display system completely substitute the old one? Or is it a workaround until Apple finds the problem/solution?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unless Apple comes up with an answer the iOS runtime will ship with a different display system than what it currently uses. It will not look much different from your end. The reason why we would really like the current system to work is that it has some benefits when it comes to drawing speed. Whether or not it will be noticeable in practive is yet to be tested by you once the next beta is out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the same as the screenshot for the crash?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andos: ok, looking forward to it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast