User Tag List

Thread: Joystick 2 Object takes 10 seconds to load frame

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joystick 2 Object takes 10 seconds to load frame

My problem is regarding the Joypad Object and Joystick 2 Object. I don't know if Z33z is still active in these forums or not but maybe some of you guys know the answer to my problem.

When I use the Joystick2 Object, the application just stops for about 10 seconds before a frame is loaded with the J2 object in it. I see the Windows loading swirly mouse cursor, but the appliation does not even open until roughly 10 seconds have passed. This strange bug happened out of nowhere since today. I did not change any events and even loaded a backup from a few days ago when it worked fine and this bug is suddenly in it. Only change I made to my machine that may cause this is the recent Win7 SP1 update, but I have no idea if this is even possible.

So when I delete the Joystick2 Object, the frame loads instantly. So I thought maybe I can use the old Joypad object. And this 10 second delay does not occur when I use that object instead. However...

...when I use the old Joypad Object, there is a major problem with that object too. Because it is extremely sensitive regarding the analog sticks. Even the slightest off-center position makes the character move, which sometimes causes him to run even if I don't even touch the analog stick.

What can I do? How do I fix this? Please help me, I'm completely lost here

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Joystick 2 Object takes 10 seconds to load frame

Completely off topic but Win7 SP1 has wrecked havoc with my apps (non-mmf2) that use the microphone. (Games, Ventrillo, Mumble, etc).

M$ removed the hardware abstraction layer, perhaps this is growing pains?