Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Maximum # of Installs

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Maximum # of Installs

Of course not! As I see it though, the anti DRM movement is growing much as a reaction against the problems that DRM have caused (just look at how the indie game developers tend to clearly label their games "drm-free" and how the online music store is moving from DRM'ed music format to just plain mp3's or sometimes even wav, ogg and flac). The pirates will pirate the product in either case. I don't have any stats to support this, but in the long run, making things less problematic for your legal customers will signal that you care for them more. My choice to not use online activation in my games is based on pure respect for my players who gives me money even though they can obtain the games without doing so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is your opinion on DRM, and i know of other people who have the same thoughts. Thats fine. I personally dont agree with it. But hey thats life (people dont always agree)

Jason

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with nifflas...
    I love the clickteam products and i won't stop to buy because the drm.
    But i don't like this method, because i'm locked to the clickteam, so if in the future, the clickteam no more exist, i can't use anymore the software...
    Of course, is one situation that will not exist, and i know the clickteam will continue in the future... Is just a feeling and one answer for why i don't like this method.
    I like to think that i can use the product when i like, ignoring the fact that the developer exist or don't exist anymore...
    I repeat that is just what i think and i won't stop to buy the products of clickteam just for that, i love the products..
    I bought the multimedia fusion 2 developer and the swf exporter and all the klickdiscs and i have the first multimedia fusion too, that i bought in one megazine here in Brazil..
    Sorry for my english, i'm not so good in english!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to Jeff at the Gwerdy chat. From a business point of view I guess I can understand your decision if you can clearly link an increased number of sales to your piracy protection. I'm not happy if it's the only way to make the business work, but if you're right, neither does it help any of us if I just deny how reality is.

The reason I'm trying to debate this is not for the runtimes actually, it's because I'm worried about MMF3. Due to the way I use software and tend to move between computers and physical locations, this could affect me negatively, which I really want to avoid. Right now it's quite convenient since I can just bring MMF2 with me and copy my extension folders.

To be constructive about it, let me suggest how it can work in MMF3 in a way that will not get in the way for me or other no-drm-activists, yet will definitely work against the pirates.

So, I'm really hoping for a central content database (extensions, widgets, sounds, music, examples, tutorials, documentation, updates) in MMF3 accessed through the web as well as through MMF3 itself. Provide MMF3 as an installer without activation, and a simple username and serial code given upon purchase. However, do also add that username and serial to your own content database so that only users who have registered can access it. That way, it'll be a pain for pirates to have to download torrents with new "packages" to get new extensions, versions or anything, while me as a legal user can easily keep my MMF3 installer on my backup drive together with my extensions, not requiring an internet connection to quickly restore a backup when a deadline is approaching, or to move MMF3 to another PC.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent $400 on a collection of Active-X controls called XPSuite a few years ago, and the company went out of business. Now I can't install them because it can't reach the activation server.

But on the other hand, Clickteam has been around for a VERY long time when it comes to software companies.

And IF (a big if) anything were to ever happen to the company, I'm sure they would release a DRM free version before they shut down, because Clickteam has always been about the community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my fair share of negative experiences too, not just with companies going out of business. I mean, obviously you don't have internet access all the time, or the activation server may be down when you're under time preasure. My main problems have been related to dropped support of DRM methods or system incompatibility. However, I believe my last post have a solution which I really hope Clickteam will consider!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With audio software there are groups of people who won't buy VST plugins or sequencer programs if they use online DRM systems. This is mainly due to the fact they can be annoying and time consuming for people who have purchased. Some company's using them sometimes go out of business also and on music forums you will see complaints about this sometimes where people cannot register and use the products they purchased.

I know clickteam has been around for a long time though and hopefully this will never happen.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For other hand, i can understand the worries about piracy... Here in Brasil, is very easy to find one site that offer the standart edition of multimedia fusion full to download...
    But this drm is so borring.... Must be one way to fight against piracy that don't afect us........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3