User Tag List

Thread: Evilized79 - Test reports

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evilized79 - Test reports

I installed everything with little trouble.
    It took me an hour to get a first impression on how a application runs on a Android phone.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    I will be testing everything on a HTC desire 2.1
    (HTC Hero 1.6)optional.
    Test 1:
    After installing everything I started with an empty frame application just to see how the phone would reaction on this.

It seems to load perfectly showing a white screen as usual.
    I installed the app installer from the marketplace to install the apps fast. no problem installing the mmf files.

I had a small platformer game with alot of active objects.
    I deleted all the hgighscore frames and credits and it left me with an main menu and one level frame.

Somehow It gave me an error report about some transparency values, so I deleted the whole tranparancy thing in the game. when I uploaded the game, first thing I noticed was the lag, the game acts very slow. and when I pressed the screen using the mouse clicks option the game freezes on the level frame without ever showing the level.

I installed this on the device and not on the sd card.
    after uploading it on the sd it gave me the same reaction only This time it showed me the level but it froze 3 seconds after the frame was shown.
    Will be testing this platformer some more this week.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Evilized79 - Test reports

11-05-2011

I'm planning to start a game from scratch.

I created a game on 430 x 800 and started with one frame.
    First problem I encoutered when I tried to upload a picture as a main menu screen was that when I uploaded the picture as a PNG format it crashed.

It seemed to work when I converted the picture to JPEG.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I also implemented a music as a begin tune. but the music didn't work. although I have a feeling the music wants to start in the beginning from the frame but i'm not sure.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    more to follow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22-05-2011

I did some testing with a simple maze game example.
    First thing I created where 4 big circles around a object that would serve as press points for direction.

The thing I noticed about touching these circles was that they arn't really accurate.

A simple line like when mouse press on an object---> character goes to... ect

Sometimes when you press the circle the character just won't move.it takes a few clicks to get the character moving.
    Maybe because I use mouse clicks. everytime I try it on the desire it crashes when more than 14 actives are in the game.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25-05-11

I did some more testing with a maze example.
    Still using too many actives which makes the game crash instead of slowing down. the game can have lots of backdrops and still run fine, unless they are png files.

Touchpad still doesn't feel great with the movement, it's still laggy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

15-06-11

Maze game with a simple movement by pressing the screen seem to have some delays when more actives are visible but it is playable and doesn't crash anymore.

Sometimes by pressing up and right or left at the same time the framerate seem to drop a bit which results in frustration.

I'm waiting for my tablet which should have more memory and more possibilities.

I will continue on the maze game testing