User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [request] More upto date "useful" extensions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [request] More upto date "useful" extensions

Bluetooth is still not a standard as such in laptops at least, but yeah it would be useful (Dines, I've got Bluetooth laptop and devices if you need help).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Bluetooth dongle and 2 Blackberrys with Bluetooth if you need that...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon
    Atom, i agree too with your request, but my request for the windows controls is more for "windows applications" as apposed to "games" i use MMF for applications not games and whilst MMF2 is strong in the "ease and simpleness" it lacks access to newer technology.
    Same here, i actually use MMF2 to make apps much more than games also. It doesn't matter what project it's for when customizable though as they work for both games and apps also.

The windows controls usually don't look so great either and when i make apps i always try to avoid them. If they were customizable you could easily use the windows look, flash, mac or anything you want basically, maybe the window os could be the default style.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atom
    With Windows objects/GUI though i would rather have customizable image based GUI extensions than based on the standard OS controls.

That way you could give them any style you wanted and make them work for any project, standard windows controls in a game for example don't look so great.
    So you mean that those of us who develop both games and applications or just applications will be limited?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest benefit to native windows controls is they will integrate with the user's theme.

I don't want Classic controls when I'm using Aero, nor do I want XP controls when I'm using Classic.

A while back I planned on making some Windows controls but realistically, if I'm going to write a Windows GUI app these days, I'll just do it in C#. It will be less painful.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LB
    So you mean that those of us who develop both games and applications or just applications will be limited?
    There would be no limitations with my idea, with the original idea (OS linked controls) however they would not work well in a game. Usually windows controls as GUI elements in games look very bad, you are not likely to ever see a pro game company do that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Retriever2
    The biggest benefit to native windows controls is they will integrate with the user's theme.

I don't want Classic controls when I'm using Aero, nor do I want XP controls when I'm using Classic.
    Well i agree about that part, however that is only if you want to keep with the default OS themes. Don't get me wrong, windows controls can be good but usually only for making apps. A lot of apps like blender for example use a custom GUI these days though.

I guess the other thing would be to just have new windows OS controls but also new customizable controls. With both that would be more work for the developer that made them though.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USB communication extension.
    It's not common for applications to directly speak to USB equipment. You normally access it through a driver. Do that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do i access the driver from MMF?

Andy

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ActiveX?
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote -1 for all of them. We need a solid core and a good product. Unity doesn't come with this kind of functionality, yet it's much, much bigger and used in so much professional game development. They didn't think "you must be able to make all kind of software with unity", they thought (I'm just guessing here) "let's make awesome cross-platform game middleware", and they did.

Problems with MMF2 are already that we have too many extensions (check e.g. the insame amount of array extensions. Most programming languages only have one flexible type of array used for everything), many of our extensions are buggy, unmaintained, or unused. They usually don't work on most build types, We need better multi-platform support, simplicity, classes, functions, and basic programming logic for the hundreds of users who need that, not wifi or scanner support for the one or two users who might need that. Besides, all that kind of features needs tons of work (remember, all time spent is taken from something else) to be cross-platform, which is so important today. Why go for OS-specific controls that need to work differently for every OS and be ported for every new build type, when you can do advanced mutli-object widget support with custom conditions, actions, and expressions, so that we can just build our own toolbar or knob objects that we can share within the community - automatically working on every build type with no need to be ported? If MMF is built in such a way that Clickteam doesn't have to port tons of tons of C++ code for every build type, imagine how much time there'll be for other things.

I need a product that does something really well, not one that does tons of tons of randomly selected stuff while lacking many basics. I hope Clickteam dare to narrow MMF down. Clean up and get rid of stuff, make a simple, cross-platform, elegant, and powerful product for game creation, where each feature is one that really matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast