User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Beta] Facebook

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Beta] Facebook

You can post to facebook from anywhere your swf is. It doesn't have to be on Facebook itself. Rememeber, you can't test it locally though, you have to upload it somewhere to test.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I created a facebook app ID, put my ID into the quick status example, compiled and uploaded to my webspace, and nothing happens when I click login.

I think I have the current build of Flash. Is there a way to tell other than the MMF splash screen?

Any other possible reasons this wouldn't be working?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I got it to work.

I could only get it to function once I used the included .html and set up the 'canvas page' to point to my webspace.

I guess my real question was: can you use the facebook functions from an app that has no specific home on the internet, such as a .swf that gets distributed through Mochi?

My tests indicate no. Though, I'd like to be proven wrong.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any news on an update???

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple
    can you use the facebook functions from an app that has no specific home on the internet, such as a .swf that gets distributed through Mochi?
    No. It has to be able to use the html included to work outside of Facebook.

I have been updating this extension, but due to a heavy workload, it may be awhile before its finished.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I download the extension but I can't find any included .html file anywhere. I am doing something wrong?

CANCEL THAT> I WAS doing something wrong - I wasn't looking hard enough

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried to get this working online but when I run my app (which is just supposed to redirect to a new URL if logged on) nothing happens. Is there an example somewhere that I can use as a basis?

I've been integrating the index.html provided into my own index.html page but nothing happens. If I try the index.html page on it's own how am I supposed to customize my index page??

I can find examples for putting Apps on facebook but my aim is to use someones facebook login outside of facebook. Ie the user logs in to facebook >navigates to mysite.com and their facebook name is displayed. This is possible right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just found out the problem. In my index.html I had "myApp.SWF", but once I changed the case to "myApp.swf" it worked.

It's marked in uppercase in the example, so be careful out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that Facebook has changed their api yet again due to all the interface changes lately, and I will have to rewrite most of the stuff I had added. I apologize for the delay of the next update. Blame FB.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the exact reason I'm causcios of using this extension. Facebook changes it's API quite frequently. Who will maintain this extension to keep up with facebook? I'm going to be unable to use this on commercial software if it's not going to be supported after the main release is out. It looks great but if it's not going to be maintained it's completely useless.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast